Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ive talked to afew people who have worked with him and he sound like a really crap herper, uses tongs on pythons and that kind of stuff

yeah, sometime i see him do something reaally stupid, and think... gee ummm your lucky your not dead, and other times im like.... are you standing that far away coz your scared or is your eye sight really super human?

Re: RE: bruce on the animal planet channel

angelrose said:
although the guest he has on his show are pretty cool, one guy took him out on a boat the other day and they were catching sea snake all night long, that was wikid....

lol, thats bryan fry, i went herping with him afew days ago, hates bruce though after the suta incident :twisted:

RE: Re: RE: bruce on the animal planet channel

Tommo, I missed that episode with the Suta. What happened???

Bruce George is living proof of the saying- "its not what you know, its who you know" :roll:
And bigguy, basically he was heading a suta, got bitten and did'nt even realise. He then collapsed and apparently almost died!

From a suta bite, you have got to be kidding. Its was a joke, wasn't it.

lol, nup only just found out that the venom is really potent. only problem with the study so far is that there arnt to many documented cases (so atleast bruce did something right)

I've watched this guy grab pythons like they were killers,he appears to be quite careless with catching elapids and when he got nailed by the adder all i could say was i could see that coming you ididot!!! Also on each doco i've watched with him in it just about everything he cathes and sees is a first and the last one i saw he couldn't even identify a specific unhelthy snake found in a toilet block.

HA HA I saw it when he got nailed or grazed by the curl snake and when he collapsed etc i thought this guy might want to stick to pythons or something and even then he handles em so rough it's pathetic...just my 25 cents worth lol

Bob
Talking to Brian fry a while ago and it seems that some suta venoms are indeed quite toxic.

Hi all,

My understanding is that the Suta bite as presented on the documentary was a setup, and that the actual bite occurred off camera while the person concerned was under the influence of a variety of recreational substances. I have this direct from a person who was involved at the time.

I have not seen the adder bite sequence, but I was told he was bitten pinning the snake.

A good friend of mine was helping film a sequence with a large coastal taipan for this series and was bitten through a combination of circumstances including combined inexperience (on both his part and that of the presenter), failure to recognise VERY clear signs that the snake was becoming agitated (this was a particular nasty snake that had come within a whisker of nailing me on at least two occasions), failure to handle the snake in an appropriate manner, and poor dress sense (he was wearing shorts!). Prior to this incident I had emphatically informed the film-makers that attempting to film with this snake in the absence of an experience handler was asking for trouble!

They ignored this advice, but then I guess they succeeded in getting the shot they were after.

What particularly irks me is that I have subsequently learned that after driving my mate to the hospital, they packed up their gear and jumped on the first plane back to Perth to lay low from the consequences. They then contracted another good friend of mine (a very experienced herper) to help them get the footage they still needed. In my opinion this was nothing short of gutless and clearly demonstrates their absolute disregard for the welfare of the people they work with.

Over the last few weeks I have seen a couple of Bruce's shows - including one in which he uses a steel 'pinner' to catch a water python and a colubrid of all things!!! None of these stupid antics impress me one bit. It is little wonder that the community at large things reptile enthusiasts and herpetologists are total idiots...

David

Yep well said David,it appeared on the doco that he was just grazed by the curl snake and passed out basically on the spot...who really knows what goes on in the making of these docos and if he was under the influence of recreational substances he shouldn't have been there to begin with.He got bitten by the adder cause he pinned it too far behind the head and when attempting to head it the adder turned and nailed him...how inexperienced is that for someone supposedly trying to help educate the general public about reptiles and no wonder carpets,gts,bts etc keep copping the shovel treatment.

As you would know yourself David nearly every single doco like these are staged anyway and it's not a true account of what happens that we are watching.Pinning pythons and colubrids ,what a joke...arrrggghhh that dude gives me the ****es!!!!!

Re: RE: Re: RE: bruce on the animal planet channel

BROWNS said:
As you would know yourself David nearly every single doco like these are staged anyway and it's not a true account of what happens that we are watching.Pinning pythons and colubrids ,what a joke...arrrggghhh that dude gives me the ****es!!!!!

same here, whos idea was it to give someone like that a tv show?

the thing i hate is how he is always trying to make the snakes look dangerous. in comparison to mark o shea which was on before he makes all snakes dangerous. for example Mark Oshea was in PNG looking for small eyed snakes and on the way they found a bts(possibly a cat snake, but they look almost the same) and he was trying to get the locals to get over their fears and touch it and let it bite him. then bruce comes on the next show in queensland and "hunts and captures" a "menacing" snake that had been horasing the local bannana pickers. he catches it, pins it(of course) and shows its "deadly recurved teeth that act just like shark teeth"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back