Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikkers_mum

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I am a certified Gecko fanatic!! My gorgeous boyfriend bought me a digital camera for my birthday so I just had to go and take these photos...I hope they come through ok.

Thankyou Gerry :D

Yes, yes, you must invest in some gex!! They are my favorite animals in my collection at the moment. I want a whole colony of these guys!

Michelle

re Bug

Very nice gex kicker,bulky lookn little bugger :)

Yep gotta love these guys,how can you not?

Couple of pics and am waiting for a male for some gex sex with the levis in the first pic,they look so velvet like softness and are awesome display characters if you keep your eye on them,can't wait to breed a few of these rippers myself,they have a variety of awesome colours and patterns i love em all Kikkersmum,what other gex species do you keep?Cheers....

2004_0126gexjungslatesest0029.jpg

for the non-gecko experts, what exactly are these guys! They are just gorgeous? What are they like to keep? What is their temperament like? I just LOVE them, they look like they have amazing personalities...

Nephrurus levis (levis I'm guessing).
Easy to keep, very shy. Mine only come out after lights out at night.

Mine are Nephrurus levis and i'm sure Kikkersmum's are the same but there are many strains of knob tail geckos around.Am extremely far from any type of expert on anything but you're right ,they're dead set gorgeous animals and very easy tocare for.Would be the perfect pet for many living in small units etc who can't keep larger animals as well as the all beloved dogs and cats,not demanding at all and thrive with the correct conditions.Some species burrow,some don't but all seem equally easy to care for.I hate mucking around with crickets so feeder roaches are the man staple diet of mine as well as my amyae which don't burrow unlike N levis and other similar gex and i dust with calcium powder maybe once a week as there's heaps of calcium in the bore water these guys recieve...cheers

Just a pic of a young amyae,these guys don't tend to burrow like the levis etc do but just as easy to care for.

2004_0118hotjungle0060.jpg

Thanks everyone for their lovely compliments. Yes, these guys are certainly very cute and extremely hard to resist...I find myself constantly trawling the herp sites and "for sale" sections for people selling their hatchlings or adults LOL!! Just call me crazy-gecko-woman!

Browns, I also have a male thicktail gecko (looking for a lovely lady thicktail!!) and a female tesselated gecko (looking for a lovely boy tesselated!) I will be getting a breeding pair of cilliarus shortly. I plan on keeping as many of the Levis's as possible, as they are my absolute favorite. They have wonderful personalities and they are all different. Some are friendly, and don't mind the occasional pat on the head, others will hiss and carry on as soon as you go near them. Below is a picture of the only hatchling to survive from the mating between bug-eyes and her man tiger.

Michelle :D

Is there any site which has a listing of all Aus geckos complete with pics?

Wow, tesselated geckoes! Could you post a picture of yours? I think I've only ever seen about half a dozen. I'll try to dig up one of my pictures.

Starting to like Amyae more n more, thinking about it!

No see piccy Kikers mum??????:)

I can't see your pics either Kikkers Mum ?

Love the Stellatus in your avatar though. I'd love a few of those!

Here's a pic of a couple of my Levis. Gorgeous little fellas. I haven't had the male that long, but I think this female is already gravid. Finger crossed we get a nice shiny clutch out of her soon.

You will love S.Ciliaris. They are a large gecko, are awesome to look at, can get really tame and are easy to care for and breed. Here's a pic I took last night of one of my gravid females. She was being very cute!

ed161b78.jpg

b70c4a84.jpg

Sorry guys...I can see the pics ok if I am logged on...I'm not sure how to fix this...perhaps someone in the know can help me out here? LOL I love that pic of your ciliaris Saz..She's a cutie! Gex look like creatures from another planet!

Thanks again guys

Michelle :D

Woo-hoo, I can see them now, I think it was just another little glitch caused by the site move. They all look great! I definately want to get gecko's one day but there's so many to choose from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back