Bullying In Schools :(

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Put you boy into some boxing classes, After a few months his confidence will build. When the bully pics on him he gives the bully a hiding! He may get detention for a bit but hey, beats getting picked on and teaches the other kid a lesson!

May not be everybody's idea of a solution but sometimes violence IS the answer.....

All the best, hope it goes well.
Den

Exactly, sometimes when the system won't protect you, you have to protect yourself. Nothing wrong with a little self defense.

Contact the education department and complain, write a formal complaint and they cannot ignore it. be the annoying parent and phone everyday until some action is taken. I have had a bit to do with them so know how they think lol. Also write to your local member of parlament and keep contacting them also til something is done. when they give you a hard time about ringing so much stay calm and tell them when the problem is addressed then you will stop calling to remind them. also send copies of what you have sent to one to the other and let them both know you have done so.

I say go the self defense route too, i know 1st hand teachers can't really do much besides "Give detentions" or suspensions (Hell the bullies would look at that as a holiday) or contact parents which the bully will give the innocent act "It wasn't me he started it" and a lot of parents want to think of their children as angels so they will go with it.

Sooner you start the better it will be, because high school is 10x worse.. Kids have no respect for the teachers so none of the stuff works then infact the kids actually bully the teachers themselves at that point o_O well it's how my school was atleast.

i know this is a really late quote from my previous one the parkour stuff, i had to go to my next class.

well, parkour is sort of like a skill which teachers you to be agile and enables you to be able to jump over fences and stuff in 2 seconds flat. trust me, he'll have a ball, i teach myself and its lots of fun. also, the main use of it is so if you get in a fight you can run away and basically cut through things eg, jumping over fences, it will take them longer to get over and or they will have to walk around, its simple really. also when ya put parkour and teakwondow together, he couldn't be brought to the ground, he would be awsome, teach him to only use it when hes in trouble by the kids.

but if you dont do that, move him from that school

also on that note, never ever let him get out of trains because of some dick head kids at school (please excuse me mods but its for a good cause) i was buillied when i was in kindi and year one because i liked dinosaurs and fish. it broke my heart and i know who he is feeling, and its not a great feeling, now i even get called a reptile freak and and a looser and that because i like reptiles...WHY...there like the coolest things of the planet. anyway getting back on the point, don't let him be affraid to take anything in to school about trains, don't let him be unhappy because some kids tease him. all i can say is give him a hobby, making model trains and trakes.

Thanks so much everyone for your advise and yes i belive some form of martial arts would help my son alot.Heres a copy of the letter I sent to the school this morning and I did not recieve any reply or regognition of having written the letter .

There is a major bullying issue with the schooland its not just the children doing it.Certain parents are encouraging their children to tease and bully othr children and have been allowed to stand over the othr prents hense why so few parents are becming involved in school based activities.This issue has en bougt up many times before,I expect a resolution to the roblema nd hope it is addressed romptly. A formal complaint to the department will be the next letter that will be written if tis issue is not resolved.I am also concerned that when we as parents ring up with an issue the chld is then victimised by the staff member because of the phone call that was made...
Needless to say I did not receive a reply nor a call from the so called principal, only 2 weeks to go I just hope my boy doesnt do the chewy and really hurt someone becaue of the bulling,he has a brother aged 23 who has taught him how to hit and hit hard along time ago, I dont want BJ becoming known as the thug or the bully but pushed too far he will hurt them and then the table is turned again.

Again thanks everone your advise has been taken on board and I will try some of the methods sugested.
Cheers Odie

To learn self defense/karate/judo/boxing or whatever is all well & good if he's a physically
inclined boy , but if he's not that 'sporty' , he won't want to do those kind of classes.

There really should be action by the school Principal or teachers. You wouldn't think it'd
be all that hard to keep an eye on so few kids.
There's something wrong when he's penalised by not being allowed to take his train stuff because it means the bully 'wins'---at least in you son's eyes.

He could try the nutter route ---put on a mad grin & say " not only am i into trains , but I'm into
training snakes to do anything i want them to do" :evil::)

Odessa dont write go to the school in person raise hell very loudly and often tell them that if it goes on you will civilly sue the principal and every teacher your boy has for failure of "DUTY OF CARE" you will also go to the media etc etc

The school council is also liable too you will find so they will want something done before it gets legal...

If he has been hit or punch just SUE & get something for your worries as the parents of the bullies obviously can't control their kids, so go the full hog.....Yeh $20,000....that will score you a pair of GTP....LOL.

But seriously as soon as a solicitors letter hits the parents hands........they will change things & will be scared ****less.......it works & shuts all the crap up.....even if you dont take it further just the letter will suffice.

Odessa buy your child a few cartons and get your kid to invite all the bullys over for a party. Kids with parents who supply grog get friends.

I hope you didn't have all those spelling mistakes in the letter! Sorry just found it hard to read. If you want to be taken seriously by them make sure you double check everything you write. They might disregard you otherwise. Like employers do with resumes. If you come across really professionally they'll take you much more seriously.

GOOD LUCK!

The school council is also liable too you will find so they will want something done before it gets legal...

LOL The parents in the school council are the parents of the bullies.

(Quote) Clairbear:

I hope you didn't have all those spelling mistakes in the letter! Sorry just found it hard to read. If you want to be taken seriously by them make sure you double check everything you write. They might disregard you otherwise. Like employers do with resumes. If you come across really professionally they'll take you much more seriously.
GOOD LUCK!

No my spelling was pretty good int he formal letter this lack of coordination with my keyboard and my fingers is because of the scotch corrupting (sp) my computer :)

I agree with the people saying sometimes violence IS the way :);)
The other avenue's may cause more bullying, like talking to the principal or the parents, and changing school's or home schooling won't do anything. Thats running away from the problem, and you don't want that.
Getting a solicitor to send a letter to the parent's is a great idea though. It will scare them like crazy, and in turn make THEM scare their kids like crazy so they stop the bullying :p

My uncle teaches martial arts, so when I was younger I was always in his classes and knew how to defend myself. My oh my, the day in primary school when I had to use my skills was fun :shock: Lol stopped the bullying though! :p
When my younger sister started getting the high school bullying last year, it got me so mad because it was affecting her badly that I went up to the school one day during lunch and had a little chat to the boy who was doing it :twisted: He ended up against the wall with tears welling up in his eyes :twisted: (no physical violence by the way lol, just some threatening!)
He hasn't done anything since then LOL

So anywayyyyy.. If the bullying will stop without your son having to resort to violence thats great, but don't back down and run away from it :)
The letters are a good idea to do first as well!

I know where you are coming from. My 7 and 8 year old daughters are getting physically bullied on the bus. almost every day. by the same little boy, whose mother calls my daughters the worst names/swear words you can imagine, to her son! which he then repeats to my girls, and hits, pinches, pushes or kicks them.
complaints have been made to the bus driver, the bus company and the mother, but like i said the mother is as bad as the child. and the bus company STILL won't stop him from riding the bus.

The only way to combat bullying is to make sure your kids understand that it doesnt matter what other people think of them. all that matters is what they think of themselves.
bullies only bully people they are jealous of or feel threatened by. my parents used to remind us of this time and again, and when i realised they were right, and i stopped letting the bullies bother me, the bullying (verbal) stopped. the physical bullying can only be stopped by standing up for yourself. I never had to have a fight, but i showed up once after being 'called out' and was never picked on again.

insecurity and jealousy are the 2 main reasons for bullying, and the methods above are what worked for my siblings and i when we were kids. not saying it always works, but most of the time, teaching kids to have self esteem, not to care what people may think or say about them, will solve the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back