Cage Sizes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

neven

Reaction score
hey guys im building a new cage for my beardies as they r getting to big for their old one... any suggestions on the appropriate size?
ta nev

How big is the one they are in? I would think for a single pair, 4ftx2ftx2ft would be room enough. :wink: Of cousr full grown they may like more room, think this will depend on how much time, money you have. you can build as large as you like but take into account heating cost etc. perhaps an outdoor pit would be as big as you like and free heating. :wink:

atm it is 90x50x40cm dunno wat that is in feet...
how is your cage set up? do you open it from the top like a hood? cos i made my last one with the front panel (glass window) as the opening then i could clean easily....
but im thinking of making the roof as the opening as having a front panel as a opening is rather weak n tend to break easily...
also wat thermostat do you use? cos im running a prob atm and doesnt seem to be too accurate
ta nev

Well there you go! I dont keep beardis, but having watched wild ones run around near a creek near me, they seem to have big territory, perhaps a few hundred square feet. The outside pit might be a happier home afterall? :wink:

Oh ok, didnt notice your whereabouts. In that case ..As big as you have room for and can heat without ridiculously high power bills LOL. :lol:

i hv decided to go 1500x600x600
which in ur language is 5ftx18inx18in
ya reckon i will need to heat lamps in that?
like one each end and have the middle as there colder section
nev

18 inch = 45cm not 60cm :p
Your enclosure size is going to be:

1500x600x600 (millimeters)
60x24x24 (inches)
5x2x2 (feet)

Welcome back, Nev! Hope you had a good holiday! :) :wink: Did you get my SMS? As for heating, I'd still only heat one side of the enclosure.

only so much space in my room... and as it is is pretty big for only 2 beardies...
nev

Yes, you need to cater to the animals, not have the animals cater to you.

A 5x2x2 will be plenty of room.
Average size recomended for a pair or trio is a 4x2x2...

i would surgest 4ftx3ftx2ft, with heating at one end and uv lights.
beardies spend a lot of time of the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back