Can anyone identify this spider.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erebos

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
8a825df5-1ca2-3f8e.jpg
8a825df5-1cae-6a9c.jpg
8a825df5-1cba-e4b8.jpg
8a825df5-1cc8-4a1d.jpg
8a825df5-1cd4-10ac.jpg
sorry about the pictures did not want to go to close had whopper fangs and looked like it wanted to eat me.

Cheers Brenton

+1

it would like to eat you but it has to wrap you first and that could be an issue.........

How is that a wolf spider?

I may be mistaken, and I am open to correction as my experience with spiders is only growing. The photo below is of a Garden Orb Weaver spider taken in My garden in QLD

incy_wincy_spider_by_Digitaliss.jpg

The thing that made me second guess what I thought the spider was, was the length of the pedipalp (small leg like appendages near the mouth) of the spider in the OP (they are quite long).

The garden orb in the image I have posted they are not visible. They are generally small in Garden orbs as far as I am aware

It had fangs about 1 cm long if that helps and I was in canberra.

Is it venomous? And could it kill me dang I swear it wanted to

Cheers Brenton

all spiders are venomous and no it cannot kill you. 1 cm long fangs is huge like you get on a funnel web there pedipalps your mistaking for fangs. It is definatly Orb Weaver. Many different species all slightly different maybe golden orb

all spiders are venomous and no it cannot kill you. 1 cm long fangs is huge like you get on a funnel web there pedipalps your mistaking for fangs. It is definatly Orb Weaver. Many different species all slightly different maybe golden orb

Not a golden orb mate, I feed them to my fish

Haha, maybe I was right when I first agreed it was a Garden Orb. I should stop second guessing my own opinion.

Though I am not entirely convinced that it is a Garden Orb still

Well regardless looked scary. I remember the garden orbs in qld looked completely different. But like stated there is heaps of different types.

Cheers Brenton

8a825df5-2bd6-b6be.jpg

I do t think it's a wolf spider they look diffrent.

Cheers Brenton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back