Can anyone identify this spider.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, Blue is great at this from what I have seen

I am going to settle with a Garden Orb also. Please iignore my prior comments that it may have been a wolf spider or something else. Those last two photos have deterred me from a wolf completely.

I had been looking at images such as this
mn16984.jpg
from the Victorian Museum. My apologies on confusing the matter, I should have thought about it a little more.

yeah godeffroyi vary ALOT in colour, even in the same populations !, and dont worry bout your previous comments, its ALWAYS easy to confuse orbs/wolfies and huntsmans !

yeah godeffroyi vary ALOT in colour, even in the same populations !, and dont worry bout your previous comments, its ALWAYS easy to confuse orbs/wolfies and huntsmans !

My thanks for correcting me (no sarcasm)

Spider #1.jpg pic of a cryptic Orb from Kalkaringi. After she relaxed.

She was pretty chunky and got knocked through the window of a Troopy I was bashing up Possum Hill. I had the Kalk Rangers in the back and then in seconds I had them all in the front ha ha!

I posted the pics on an Invert forum and all the teenage experts insisted it was a wolf or a huntsman. This girl webbed half the back of the car and non web builders (wolfs and huntsmen) cant do that. They're very gentle spiders unless you're dinner. Had plenty walk on me but never been bitten!

wow thats an awesome spider !
a mate of mine found one like that a while ago, though it was about 70mm !!!

wow thats an awesome spider !
a mate of mine found one like that a while ago, though it was about 70mm !!!

This was a big girl too. Possum Hill is real border country. To the north is the tropics, south the Tanami desert. And you can see both from the same hill.

Not many people get to this place.

Possum H top #9.jpg

These orbs' webs span 20 meters between the sparse white gums. When you approach within 10 meters the females bolt for the tree. Great vision. They must get targetted by birds. The blokes just try to look small.

erm it IS a garden orb spider,
no offence or anything (if some is taken) but i think i know a bit more on inverts than blue .......

Haha, of course you do, your 14 and know it all.....

You seem like a pretty knowledgable kid but a little modesty doesnt go astray.

Its an Eriophora by the looks and one thats on its way out (abdomen looks punctured).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back