Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
another irresoncible cat owner. yes i can say that as i own cats and they never go outside unless its out into our patio cage. keep your cat inside or locked in an outside cage so it cant injure or kill native wildlife
HATE to burst your bubble funcouple....BUT one of my call outs was due to a cat bite to a green tree snake...the owners were respective of the cat /nature calls and had the cat in an outdoor setup ,fully caged and could enter back into the house through a cat flap connected to a back entry door...they really had thought it through ..BUT the snake hadnt ,it had ventured into the cat cage on the back patio and thus was caught and injured by the cat ,which took the snake inside the house ..and thats where all the commotion began for the people of the home ,,as they were terrified of snakes ...........so YOU CANT JUDGE EVERY CAT OWNER ,WHO'S ANIMAL ENDS UP WITH WILDLIFE ..otherwise I could have a field day on DOG owners AND HUMANS that have mushed peas for brains...........:| OH BY THE WAY ITS A KEELBACK .hope it wasnt injured to badly:(

I believe one of the laws is that a cat is feral as soon as it leaves the property... and it's legal to shoot feral cats ;)

that might be the case, but some people walk there cats(weirdos) so as soon as they leave there property you can shoot it? honestly if some1 shot my cat they would probably have big bruises all over there body.

Will

p.s. I have no idea on the snake and are just being annoying:)

Other than the loreal scale there are a number of ways to tell them apart, basic morpholgy if you have seen enough of both for one. Plus keelbacks have divided anal and subcaudal scales whereas roughies are single.
That animal is a keelback.

We have established that the snake is a keelback......and I am certain that lost cause has more than got the message about cats.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back