Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Humanely euthenise it. As far as I know, it is illegal to release these back to the wild... Not sure on all of the humane methods to killing a toad, but I would think that a sharp stab wound through the brain would be effective. My brother often does this using a sword...

Haha I locked him in first. Yeah I've got it in a take-away container- they're powerful buggers. Might put him in the freezer and then out in the sun tomorrow. We used to hunt them with cricket bats on straddie as kids.

Seriously, kill it & bury it.
If something eats it carcas it will probably die from it.
They are pests & need to be eradicated.
I toad can have a huge number of offspring each year.
It just multiplies faster than it can be controlled.

I want a pet one! Ive never seen them in real life but i have tanned ones as keyrings and stuff. They look prehistoric
I would never have one in NSW though mind you. Wouldnt even risk it.
Might buy me a stuffed one and then that way it doesnt need anything. Haha

Yeah I just read that the most humane way to kill then is to leave them in a plastic bag in the sun. Then i'll bury it or throw it in the bin. Anyone in or around bris go cane toad hunting?

I want a pet one! Ive never seen them in real life but i have tanned ones as keyrings and stuff. They look prehistoric
I would never have one in NSW though mind you. Wouldnt even risk it.
Might buy me a stuffed one and then that way it doesnt need anything. Haha

How can you have never have seen one!?! There are soo many here!

Im in NSW, its clean here of them. Or mostly anyways, im sure some get across the border or even smuggled

How many do you want? I could probably arrange a few B-Doubles to be delivered to Victoria tomorrow, can stop at every NSW town along the way too. Hang on, we can drop canetoads all thru NSW to eradicate your cockroach problem. Any NSWelshmen willing to chip in for costs???

No, I cant see that being the wisest thing to do. Dont want them polluting everything down here thanks.

Leaving them to suffer in the sun is humane? I think not.

I spray the ones I find around here with dettol or Metho, and they die within 20 seconds. Or, for the smaller ones, I pick them up by their back legs and hit them into the ground or wall quite hard. These die instantly.

Ive said it before, someone up there get into tanning and sew a hundred skins together with heads and everything and make me some car seat covers!!!

haha i went out in my yard and caught another one. I feel a hobby coming on:D

Leaving them to suffer in the sun is humane? I think not.

I spray the ones I find around here with dettol or Metho, and they die within 20 seconds. Or, for the smaller ones, I pick them up by their back legs and hit them into the ground or wall quite hard. These die instantly.

Ok i've got metho. will do

Oh dear me, how awful...I could never just "kill" something, I'd have to take it to a vet...yukko !! But then we don't have them here in WA...well, maybe a couple right up north, but not south of Perth as I am...I've never seen a live one....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back