Carbon Tax...What do you think???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only similarities with the GST and the Carbon Tax is the public being openly lied to. Then the similarities stop. I don't know why people are even trying to compare the two?

Gillard is acting like a communist :lol:

Hogwash, this is a classic labour ideology. This is a redistribution of wealth!
exactly it is all the government ever does redistribute the wealth why else do we have more than one tax bracket? all this is is a lie to the people so that they can cover up the deficiet and claim that they did without the carbon tax so they seem good. if they really wanted to make a difference they would set aside a certain percentage of their revenue each year and put it towards renewable energies instead of just making life harder for everyone in australia. but then they wouldnt realise that life is getting harder and harder for the middle to upper class because of this redistribution of wealth because we are paying for everything they do!!

Gillard is acting like a communist
could not agree more

Prior to the GST being implemented we went to an election. The people voted and the government of the time had a mandate to do so. This government has no mandate to introduce this tax. To add insult to injury there is an overwhelming majority against its implementation.I have no problem in trying to reduce our carbon footprint but is a carbon tax the correct way to do it. In my opinion (it is just my opinion) it is not. Why arent we looking at implementing an emissions trading scheme now and not in 2016? The reason is this government is hanging onto power with the help of the greens, the greens want it! Labour needs it to try and balance the books, they know they will never be back in the black by next year and they need a cash grab quickly. The biggest concern is for middle class australians, can we afford it and at what cost?

Everyone keeps talking about the middle class aussies copping the brunt. Both middle and lower classes will both cop it. Gillard is giving the lower class a token payment, probably enough to buy a plasma tv or something, just a one off payment, to shut them up. Not much of a help when they are now unemployed. Coles, woolies, david jones and bunnings have all stated that if the carbon tax is implemented, they all must cut staff. This isn't just about middle class doing it rough, lower class WILL become unemployed.

Isn't now the time to implement policies which may change the workforce. With near full employment there are plenty of alternatives about. If the policies encourage the development of sustainable energy industries then that in itself wil l produce additional work places.

Isn't now the time to implement policies which may change the workforce. With near full employment there are plenty of alternatives about. If the policies encourage the development of sustainable energy industries then that in itself wil l produce additional work places.
Does the carbon tax encourage the development of sustainable energy industries? With the introduction of the tax will we still have near full employment? I would hazard a guess and say there willnbe a dent in the unemployment figures. I heard (not sure if it, is factual) that off every 10 jobs in the energy resources which could be lost, only one would be replaced with sustainable energy resources jobs. Unfortunately this tax raises more questions than it answers, or the government can answer.

Does the carbon tax encourage the development of sustainable energy industries? With the introduction of the tax will we still have near full employment? I would hazard a guess and say there willnbe a dent in the unemployment figures. I heard (not sure if it, is factual) that off every 10 jobs in the energy resources which could be lost, only one would be replaced with sustainable energy resources jobs. Unfortunately this tax raises more questions than it answers, or the government can answer.
We are all guessing at the moment. It depends on what happens with the money collected, but I hope some of it will be used to encourage renewable energy and at worst it will increase the price of dirty energy to give clean energy a chance.. Factually, i think you will find that dirty energy production is not labour intensive. Developing renewable energy systems will create far more jobs than those lost in the dirty energy production. The price of coal has risen substantially over the last few years. Even if the net price dropped by say 20% it would still be viable to continue mining but the broader Australian community would be receiving a fairer share rather than the corrent handfull of miners.

Everyone keeps talking about the prospect of jobs in renewable energy and opportunities that will "supposedly" be forthcoming, but what about people who work for the current industries that are going to be hit by all of this? Is it their fault they work in an industry that provides most, if not all of the general populations power etc? Why are they being targeted? If coal burning power stations ran out of coal tomorrow, we'd all be up the proverbial creek! Why? Because our ability to provide substantial power by any other means is extremely limited. Who's fault is that? The filthy government trying to tax the crap out of us knowing there are no other alternatives, that's who!!

Why doesn't Gillard and Brown walk to work? At that rate they wouldn't make the journey into parliament to impliment ridiculous out-of-touch futuristic ideas that our society can't possibly, or financially, live up to!

Flame suit on....Check. Fire extinguishers at the ready......Check. Area cleared of flammable materials......Check. Ok, here we go. LOL

First....I shot Santa Claus while breaking and entering, I gave the Easter Bunny myxomatosis, there aren't any little fairies running around the garden and the only thing that makes pigs fly is a Barrett 50 cal at close range........REALITY CHECK.......These things don't exist, your parents lied to you. Sorry.
The federal government cares about the environment and our childrens, childrens, childrens future and wants to make the world a better, cleaner place.......Second reality check......They care as far into the future as the next election.
The Tax will not just be to the energy suppliers but to everyone that has a carbon footprint. Everyone from the raw material stage through manufacturing to the retail sector. Lets look at something as simple as cotton. The cotton farmer has massive harvesters and after he harvests he lets his sheep get a feed then burns the rest giving him a decent size carbon footprint. He gets taxed. The cotton is transported (big trucks...tax) ending up at the cloth manufacturing plant......Big tax there, then transported again (Tax) to the clothing manufacturer ....another big tax, then transported again (tax) to the retailer, lots of lighting and air cons.....more tax. The end result, the farmer goes under and sells his farm to the Chinese, the transport companies lay off workers, the cloth and clothing manufacturers move OS and the retailers lay off workers. This scenario will happen across ALL the consumable market place, food, clothing, cars, toasters.....everything we make and everything we buy.

Hmmmmmmmm.....sounds good to me, it's for our future generations and the environment.........Yeah right.

Has anyone noticed that our power bill has doubled of late with the promise of another $200+ price rise. Of course it has nothing to do with setting up for the carbon tax so the government can say "But it hasn't gone up since we introduced the carbon tax!". Last reality check......We are already paying the carbon tax on our electricity bills.......

Bracing for the flaming.......LOL :)

I wont be flaming you :lol:

The one thing I've noticed about people who are pro-carbon tax say we're all unfairly panicking in regards to it affecting our lives (more so our bank accounts). I find it a little ironic as they are the ones flipping out that the "sky is falling" and if we don't do something quick we'll all going to die a choking horrible death :lol: In the 1000yrs it'll take to turn things around, I'm guessing there won't be any coal left to burn :lol: Either that or we're hit by a massive asteroid or WW3 breaks out. But hey, forward plan for the future, just don't let it send the country to the wall ;)

I can't understand how the government still is pushing this when almost all Australia is saying clearly "NO".

Please play nicely.:)

They push it because they can. we can't stop them. Only the opposition can stop them but if the Greens get what they want then it might go through.

don't agree.

Once the horse has bolted with this ridiculous tax we'll be stuck with it.

correct

Remember the 3 x 3 for NSW residents paying 3% on something for 3 years to be spent on our roads? Well we still pay that tax. I can't remember if it was on petrol or registrations, doesn't matter either way we still pay it and not many people remember it.

When Labor got back in did they repeal GST? No, they love the revenue it gives them.

Wasn't the 1.5% tax we pay for Medicare supposed to be temporary as well?

Last edited:
What do Lemmings, spawning salmon, and some pods of whales, often Pilot whales, and the Labor Party have in common ?????????? A love of suicide.

Speaking about taxes that never go away.
Does anyone know about the 'tax' all air travelers pay on their tickets to make sure all the Ansett employees got their money that was owed when Ansett went bust??
Are we still paying it??? If we are , why??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back