catching lizards

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spotty

Not so new Member
Reaction score
i was wondering if it was safe (or legal :D ) to catch geckos and skinks from the
wild to feed to my spotted python, he is only little so nothing to big just fence skinks and stuff

but what about feeding the snake those indonesian geckoes that as the name suggests are not native
and are 'hurting the environment'

besides, why risk the parasites and diseases that may be passed on. Most people only use skinks to get animals feeding or if they are exclusively skink eaters.
Your spotted should have been feeding on pinkies when you bought it though.

well then catch wild mice if u want to be cheap rodents are btter IMO anyways

Apart from being illegal, It might seem cheap at this stage but you could have all sorts of difficulties later on when you wish to wean it onto something else. When it is larger it will be wanting a lot more than a couple of small skinks or geckos.

Its legal here in Queensland, not recommended though.

if it was me i would just catch the lizards anyway no one has to know about it i mean there only little skinks

That little skink is a potential meal for something else that can't afford to pay for its own food.

mitchyj said:
if it was me i would just catch the lizards anyway no one has to know about it i mean there only little skinks

Dutch sailor - 1693
"Let's just eat that funny looking pigeon, there will be plenty more the other side of the island"

mitchyj, whats the difference between a little skink and a big skink, say a blue tongue

i think at about $1 (one pinky) a week to feed a small snake there is no need to be cheep
and if you cant come up with $1 then i guess you should not keep a pet

Nagraj said:
Dutch sailor - 1693
"Let's just eat that funny looking pigeon, there will be plenty more the other side of the island"

Also well said, but probably wasted on most of the people here. And you probably mean 1673.

:p

Hix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back