Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spitso

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi i currently have 2 central bearded dragons around 3 years old and just want to know some questions.

They laid there first clutch in August but died due to not knowing they laid them. Whats the average amount of clutches during breeding season which is between september to january??
Also i have found an eastern bearded dragon on my property and i put it in the tank with my centrals would this effect my lizards like stress, not eating, or even stop them from breeding???
If i were to sell what would be a reasonable price its quite small its around 5 inches from head to cloca and 1 ft from head to tip of tail?? Ok now back to the central bearded dragons, i have the whole bottom of my tank covered with sand and a small ice cream container in a corner for them to deposit their eggs is ok? The ice cream container is 6 inches wide and 8 and a half inches long and my female is 15 inches long from head to tip of tail and 7 inches from head to cloca do i need a bigger tub of sand?? should i get all the sand from the bottom of the tank and chuck it out just leaving the tub of sand to deposit their egss???? Lucky last question when they do lay their egss should i leave them their for natural hatching or take them out for incubation?? if incubation is better what method is best or higher succses rate???

Thank you for reading and if you could answer as many questions as possible i would be most appreciative.

P.S my tank is 3ft long 17 inches deep and 17 inches wide should i get a bigger tank for my lizards which are both around 1ft??? what size would be best

Sorry to break the bad news but unless you have a licence to collect wild animals you are absolutely not allowed to collect & keep them & that includes selling them also.I'm pretty sure that your beardies would stress if you put it in with them & wild caught animals generally carry a lot of parasites such as worms & mites so not a good idea for your beardies health thats for sure.

Yes, you are only allowed to get reptiles off licenced breeders. I have heaps of Blueys and Bearded dragons and once a diamond python in my yard. but unfortunatly, I have to resist the temptation to pick them up and put them in a tank.

I think i might put the eastern bearded dragon back into the wild but also i do have a basic lisence so its ok. Thanks kyro.

But could anyone else asnwer my questions???

Sorry its not an eastern bearded dragon its a western bearded dragon.

Nah rocket i've overchecked my papers and my lizards come under the catagory for basic lisence. But its good that your keeping a eye out and protect australia's wildlife..

again please answer me questions above.....

Nah rocket i've overchecked my papers and my lizards come under the catagory for basic lisence. But its good that your keeping a eye out and protect australia's wildlife..

again please answer me questions above.....

Im confused, so are you saying you have an license to keep and sell WILD reptiles?

Yes they do come under the category of basic license but you cannot collect them from the wild. Release the lizard, and if is is a male it will fight with the male central beardies, and if it is a female it will breed with the male, you will just be creating mongruels.

ok the wild lizard is realesed. sorry i didnt know.

its ok spitso we all learn as we go along, from what ive heard about the clutches over breeding season for beardies is that it will vary form beardy to beardy.
Depending on the colours of the hatchies (if you get them) the price should be 50-80 or something.
I think incubation would be best for the eggs.

Thanks for that zeus the beardie at least some one answers some of my questions.

But please anyone else with info on how to incubat them, if my tank is too small and the rest of the questions above.

thanks

SPITSO ARE U THE FULL QUID?i some how doubt it.if you keep any reptiles you should be aware of the laws.U seem to be aware that you may be able to sell it!and make some money.I suggest you buy a book.

Well i am on this forum to try and learn more about my pets. I'm only 14 years old and i need some advice. so please anybody else with incubation tips or other advice please post a reply.

Thankyou to all of yous that have contributed.

Spitso

Im getting a tank custom made what should be the size? also what other things would be good to include like netting for vents or glass bottom or plastic bottom or whatever ideas you have please share?

jordan

I would keep an adult pair of beardies in a 4ftx2ftx2ft enclosure but thats just me. The number of clutches often just depends on the particular female you are breeding but if you want her to multi clutch make sure she is healthy and feed her frequently so she can get her weight back because reproducing can take a lot out of them, also suppliment every second meal with calcium powder.
The laying container is too small imo.
You should take the eggs out to incubate them if you leave them in the enclosure the temperature and moisture can not be as accurately controlled.
You obviously have access to the net so try google searching "bearded dragon care sheets" or "breeding bearded dragons", they are a commonly kept lizard and there is a lot of info about them avaliable, just look for it.
goodluck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back