Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
one of my girls has just layed batch nunber 4 this season ,i keep 5 girls and 1 male outside all year round in an enclosure 6meters by 4meters .dig up the eggs and incubate inside.

spitso...because ya only 14 i'll put it to ya nicely....just because ya love herps...or keep em....doesnt mean ya need to keep something just because ya found it.....make sure he's safe and let him have his freedom...Its our wildlife...not everything is there for the taking!!!!
Be thankful u live somewhere that your able to see critters roaming free

good healthy beardie's will lay around three clutches on average but sometimes only do one. beardies like to dig deep holes to bury their eggs, so a large tub is best (or pile one end of your tank with moist sand) some beardies are easy layers and some are pains in the ####'s and refuse to lay as they are not happy with what you have offered, if this happens you need to figure out what she wants or she could die if she holds them too long. They will want to dig around a body length down at least. You will need to artificially incubate the eggs as they will dry out and die otherwise.

Thankyou to everyone who have posted especially the last 4.

Troynelsa i have realsed the lizard a long time ago which i posted and said that but at least your wacthing out for australian wildlife.

If anyone has any incubation tips please post them.

jordan

Hi again i've changed my small tube to a pile of sand and moist soil.

Right as i talk my female is digging a tunnel. I hope she lays... ill keep you informed.

But please post some incubation tips for me.

I heard that i can get a big tub of water put a water heater in it then get a smaller tube which floats in the bigger one. Fill the smaller one with verviculite and place the egss there and close the lid... Is this a good method or not???

thanks jordan

Nah rocket i've overchecked my papers and my lizards come under the catagory for basic lisence. But its good that your keeping a eye out and protect australia's wildlife..

again please answer me questions above.....

lol you cant take wild animals! they have to be hatched, then sold to you!

Look up incubating in the site search, there are lots of items in there you will find.

Thanks mertle

Oxyuranus microlepid if had read my posts you would have seen that i have let that lizard safely back in the wild a long time ago, but once again good that someone people are protecting our wildlife.

Is the above incubation technique ok???? The one with the water heater?

Thankyou jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back