Centralian vs Diamond

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diamond or Centralian?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks so much! i am really excited about ge3tting a snake.. but i dont know if it will happen 100%. just planning at this stage :D

diamonds look alot better imo, and my 2 diamonds are very easy to ahndle and look after, always eat and shed well.

I keep a Diamond and have a Hypo Bredli on order, it's been a good challenge to get my Diamond in the best enclosure possible, but a joy to have her as she's fantastic looking and has a great temperment. I agree that the Bredli is in general a hardier/easier to keep snake, and I do prefer their markings... it's a tough choice but I'll go Diamond.

Bredli have a higher tolerance for beginner mistakes...

Unless you live in an area with a cool climate diamonds are not for beginners .

It really depends on where you live. If you live in Queensland, NT or WA i wouldnt get a diamond. To many problems with the heat. If you live anywhere else whatever tickles your fancy. Diamonds are very placid snakes but so are bredli, So what ever you like you should get!

If you do your homework properly on keeping them i would definantly say a diamond as there nature is awesome and are very laid back and reluctant to bite. I have seen numerous very fiesty young Bredlis but "usually" they calm down with age. ( Not allways though!!!)

Murray Darling beats both though for a first snake!! But thats just my opinion after owning all 3 breeds!!!! :D

depends on ur location if ur in a cooler climate definately a diamond if not a bredli there both beautifull snakes

I've recently inherited a female Bredli that's impossible to handle; just going near the enclosure she S's up ready to strike, and when she's been out of the enclosure she strikes at the glass and gets very angry. It's sad, because she's a gorgeous snake and I wish I could be more hands on with her. That said, I still vote Bredli because I've heard good things about them, in my opinion they are more attractive and I'm not letting one bad egg ruin my opinion of them. (Though I'll happily take advice on how to treat her)

i would have to say bredlis,there alittle harder,as hatchos you can get some snappy ones but they usally calm down after a short period of time.
cheers

Well I've owned both. Basically it comes down to your personal preferance, and where you live. I say where you live because Bredlis like the hotter conditions whereas Diamonds MUST be kept somwhere cool. Bredlis are generally renowned as an excellent first snake, but you do get some with a 'personality' lets say. I had 2 Hypo Bredli and the female was the most vicious snake I have ever dealt with. I would only have to walk past her enclosure and she would try to remove body parts!!! :evil: She only got worse as she got older - not better. The diamond I had, was a lovely Gosford male, and when I got him he was hungry and barely handled. Withinn a couple of months he was the most gentle snake you could ever meet, and loved nothing more than a cuddle. In the end, he only left my care because of the insane heat (Central QLD) and he went to a home down the road that have their air-con running 24-7. Personally, I think both of these snakes are beautiful and will give you hours of pleasure. Keep in mind the conditions that each species needs & if you are able to give this. You may even decide to get one of each!! Good luck with your desision. Hope my rambling on helped.....if only a little. ;)

You need to do a bit more homework before keeping diamonds. The Bredli vary, but are generally great handlers and easy to keep. We have 2 and the female has been great from day 1, while the male is flightier. My son (it's his pet) became scared of it, so I have temporarily taken over the care. I've been handling him daily (with 2 days off after feeds) for a few weeks and he's going brilliantly. Calm handling does wonders. I'll have to officially give him back soon, which is a shame because he's got a much nicer red colour than my female.;)

bredli are bulletproof, diamonds are not.

SOME really hot diamonds look better than the bredli, but in general i think the bredli are better looking,....

i'd say bredli! :)

bredli

im not a fan of diamonds i dont think they are very good looking, i think bredli's are hot as and my girl is the most plasid beautiful thing so friendly

If you going to go for a diamond, just get a port mac that looks more like a diamond, they aren't as pathetic as diamonds.
But I reckon go for Bredli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back