Centralian vs Diamond

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diamond or Centralian?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are both really beautiful snakes, however from all my research, Diamonds have far more specific needs and may not be ideal as a first python.

I would get a Bredli, then a year or so down the track when you are a bit more confident, you can get a Diamond as well!

We got a Stimmie as our first python then a Bredli 6 months later. The Stimmie was great as an introduction to handling snakes so we were more comfortable when our Bredli started growing fast. Our 3yo daughter has her heart set on a Diamond for her 10th birthday so we will definitely be getting one then!

whats the size diffrence with bredlis and diamonds in lenght like average adult size

Amazes me how people who haven't kept Diamonds, seem to think that they are so feek and weeble that they need to be on a baby monitor LOL.
Diamonds need slightly cooler conditions. Put a Bredli in those conditions, constantly, and you'd have a sick Bredli. Horses for courses!;)

Amazes me how people who haven't kept Diamonds, seem to think that they are so feek and weeble that they need to be on a baby monitor LOL.
Diamonds need slightly cooler conditions. Put a Bredli in those conditions, constantly, and you'd have a sick Bredli. Horses for courses!;)

Let em hate, more for the rest of us!!!

never had problems with diamonds their a dream to own, however my female bredli loves the taste of my hand, plus a good looking diamond is hard to beat in any snakes standards

wow!! thank you all for all that info! thats amazing
my friend has a bredli and it is really calm...
she told me that if the snake is ok when you touch
its head, than it is good tempered!!
diamonds sound cool toO!!

Good call cockney red, i keep both Bredli's and Diamonds. I love both of them but i'd have to say Diamond!! Bredli's need a good ambient heating during the cooler months otherwise u'l end up with a snake with respitory probs. Toss a coin

My female Diamond... Can't beat a good diamond!!

Attachments

• Jess' Pictures 072.jpg
    Jess' Pictures 072.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 62
Last edited by a moderator:
That's a nice diamond, Scotty!!

Now you've got me thinking about diamonds....

In reality M_Beardie, you'll probably end up owning both, but I say start with a Bredli, that's the advice I was given when looking for a first snake. They're pretty tough and look cool :)

Diamonds imo but have never owned a centralian. my avatar is my female and if you don't mind a painless bite they can be a bit bitey when babies but if you had something as big as us trying to grab you and you were as small as a baby snake you might bite aswell, but that goes with all snakes not just diamonds. My male is as placid as anything and just looks at you to see whats going on when you pick him up, not as much fun to handle imo, when they are that placid.

This is why i love diamonds..the joy of seeing brighter colours after each shed.

Attachments

• diamond1.jpg
    diamond1.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 51
  • diamond2.jpg
    diamond2.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 47
We have both, I can honestly say that I love them both and cannot say what I like best. Like others have said...depends whereabouts in Australia you live and what conditions that they need.
I can say that there is nothing more beautiful than a lovely diamond.

I have owned both. I personally found the Bredli easier. But they are pretty similar. Do your proper homework and they are both easy and great snakes.

I like Bredli. But I also like Diamonds. I have 2 Bredli but no Diamonds...yet! It comes down to personal choice imo. We own 2 Bredli & although they were both bitey as babies, they are now approaching 2yo & have calmed down heaps.

I would go for a Bredli, Diamonds need much more care taken with temperatures and cooling properly.

I didn't vote as i haven't owned both...But i do have a bredli and she is my first snake, yes she was a little bitey at first but now, at about 10mths old, she is fine, as long as you don't move to quickly.. Like others have said go for which ever one you like the most as you'll probably end up get another, and another, and another ( which i would if it wasn't for one of my flat mates :( )

Ben

I don't think I can vote either. Love my bredli, as I do all my snakes. Most of them were aquired whilst looking for something else:shock::D and I still haven't got my jungles:rolleyes:.

Have you figured out what a hypo is? It is a snake which has had the melanin bred out of it. Mr Bredli has one in his avatar or just follow the link hypo bredli.
Stupid auto link feature hasn't worked:evil:
It worked on some ones earlier post:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back