Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a stupid thing to say, its people like you that rely aggertate me and make me want to avoid any sort of internet fourms frankly no person deserves to be bitten by a elapid, defentley not tony harrisson. do you even know Him?

And what about outhers that love photography and reptiles esp elapids like me and meny of my friends do we deserve to be bitten as well? For doing what we love? And are passionate about....To find and photograph these Amazing animals... that do get defensive as soon as you approach them and do continually try and bite... Geez at this rate if small minded people like you keep poping up no one will be posting pictures or videos of some of there amazing finds. I'm sure I won't be in the near future if I'm going to be ridiculed just for taking afew photos
And what if Tony dident catch and realise it, the owner of the property could have just grabed there trusty shovel... Like so meny others, afew photos isn't that bad considering... I have seen some of the photos he took that day rely nice sharp

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen a brown snake chase someone and when it caught them, hid beind their legs.

Snake didn't chase him, he released it in the open without cover then proceeded to take photos. The snake has nowhere to go so it becomes defensive. It eventually backs up to a mound where it feels trapped and by that time is exhausted.
As to elapidae1's observation about the snake being agitated in the bag it is blatantly wrong as can be seen by how the snake is tipped from the bag and doesn't move straight away.

Its a photo shoot, dont make it more than it is by making subjective assumptions. Tony Harrison seems to be fully on top of the situation and in charge.

The voice of cool headed reason as always Peter. Tony is clearly working with some new gear and it requires a run. Think on this mouth-breathers: 6 months down the track, you see a photo of an EB in full defensive pose, big "S", gaping mouth, etc. You say, "aww cool man!". Where the heck do you think these photos come from anyway? If you don't know, then you don't know much about P. textilis. But enough of that. Tony Harrison has and continues to do more for reptile awareness than you keyboard monkeys will, so keeping bashing your keyboards and flinging faeces, it makes a lot of people laugh!

At least he isnt trying to hand feed it meal worms................

I have a feeling I missed something here, but this made me laugh, thanks! :lol:

how is he an idiot, did he harm the snake? Hes doing what he likes so good on him, ...
why dont you do a little bit of research before posting a stupid post like that, EB's are very aggressive snakes, its not like he made it serisouly pissed off.
and also, how else do you think you are supposed to get them in a defensive position which is always the best photo?

i think it was a great video and shows how aggressive they can be, and i cant wait to see the pics!

Hey dude, like your attitude. Gonna help you out a bit though. What you see in that video is not an example of "aggressive" behaviour, it is "defensive" behaviour. The difference is in the intent. Brown snakes are extremely "nervous" snakes and tend to want to get the heck out of there when they are spotted/interfered with. In this case, that one had nowhere to go so it was merely trying to defend itself from a potential predator. On a hot day, that defensive behaviour can be quite impressive. An "aggressive" animal would be something like a polar bear. It's is an apex predator with no other animal in its range that can challenge its dominance. As such, if you are out for a walk in the tundra, and a polar bear spots you from 750m away, and it's hungry, it will approach and attack without fear. That is the definition of "aggressive" behaviour. Hope that makes sense! :)

Edited out because KJ would prefer it this way! :D I thought it was funny though!

LOL! Again, I know I've missed something but this sounds like it has a hilarious back story! I enjoy a good chuckle on a Monday morning so thanks!

Last edited:
I seriously doubt harassing and terrorising the snakes in order to provoke them to attack him in defense in order to get some video and photos to post online is part of his JD. I wonder what the authorities would think of his disgusting behaviour.
'harassing and terrorising the snakes in order to provoke them to attack him in defense in order to get some video and photos to post online'
You honestly think that's what he's doing? He's not provoking it, he's following it and trying to get photos.

And relocation it is his job -- if he didn't relocate this snake, then the homeowner would just kill it...

People need to get over themselves... He did not hurt the animal, sure it got agitated a bit but it ain't no different than any other so called media personality out there. Brady Barr, Austen Steven, Donald Schutlz and the Late Steve Irwin all did/do this. I wonder if the people that think this is so wrong watch their shows and think "ohh cool"...

Last edited:
Peopel need to get over themselves... He did not hurt the animal, sure it got agitated a bit but it ain't no different than any other so called media personality out there. Brady Barr, Austen Steven, Donald Schutlz and the Late Steve Irwin all did/do this. I wonder if the people that think this is so wrong watch their shows and think "ohh cool"...

I totally agree - it did what it would do naturally whether it was having a photo shoot or defending against a dog or a cat.

Where do we see the photos? I'm really keen to see more about this equipment and see the outcome.

I have a quick focus macro lens, but even the quick focus wouldn't be quick enough to get a decent macro of that!

I certainly would love to 'tag' along to see how it's done, but all that experience he has - it was like he was in total control but always seemed to let the snake think it was winning! Great video. No animals were harmed in the making of that photo shoot :)

I've asked him via his Youtube account for some pics :D The browns sure know how to put on a show!

Brown snakes dont 'put on a show' unless provoked into doing so
There is zero educational use in these shots as 99.99% of people will never see any snake act like that
But there is a great WOW factor

The same snake released into heavy cover would have simply vanished into the undergrowth

But not much WOW in watching that on UTube

Wow factor is education.... That's usually how I rope the students into studying Physics :)

No - he isn't, he is tormenting and terrorising those snakes and capturing them and taking to somewhere away from their territory - all in order to make out he is getting natural behaviour for his own ego.
Nor am doing anything to stress the lizards I am interacting with though my befriending them and offering them treats and shelter. They are free to come and go and interact with me ON THEIR OWN TERMS.

If you can't see the difference then that says more about you than it does about me.
AHAHAHA, He's a snake catcher, If he didn't take them away from where they were, they'd probably get a shovel through their head.
I don't see how he's "tormenting" and "terrorising" the snake, he's taking photos, the snakes defensive, and he lets it go.
Go feed your pet EWS some mealworms, bud.

pfft, its not even a big one!
funny though how its ok to annoy the crap outa pythons n dragons to get poses but if ya do it with an elapid
and your a disgusting monster.....

Nato

Well I did edit my post as I was being nice but after reading various nasty posts by said member on other threads and this one I will say it again. How is it alright to restrain an EWD for a photo op and then try and convince people it wasn't scared and liked being held but this is not alright, hypocrite much :rolleyes:. Oh but it was shutting it's eyes when you patted it's head, that is because it was scared not because it was enjoying the interaction. I wonder what the authorities would think of someone deliberately interfering with a lizards natural diet so they can look like some kind of reptile grizzly adams on a forum.

Some idiot with a camera who's shoving it in my face continuously and harassing me when all I want to do is be left alone (especially if I'm already upset, stressed, and angry) would be told in no uncertain terms to get [deleted] too, and if this didn't work I'd also resort to physical violence .

you do know that snakes dont know what cameras are, dont you ?

:rolleyes: you guys geez i just try to show ya some great footage (as are all tonys) and ya go all crazy bout it -.-

you do know that snakes dont know what cameras are, dont you ?

^^^
That is exactly right
[although one of my burmese always poses beautifully when the camera comes out]
But I take it you mean wild snakes?
Same as any wild animal they should never know what a camera is
The camera man should be unobtrusively OBSERVING
Thats all
Look at the great nature documentary makers like David Attenborough
Although there is no doubt he probably did pose a few of the shots that were taken most people would never realise that, and saw animals in their natural habitat doing their natural thing

This new generation of wildlife molesters is exactly that
They torment and molest animals to get a negative reaction from that animal

If they did it to kids they would be in prison
But it makes people who know nothing about the real behaviour of that animal go; "OH WOW" believing that is how these animals act all the time

Years ago someone was hit by a black snake while trying to kill it
60 minutes knew I did a show with a RBB
So they got me to go to the studio for filming
Every single question was directed at how dangerous snakes were
They asked me to get the snake agitated so it would strike
[I had it draped over my shoulders at the time]
Show was never aired because I refused to try to prove that snakes are dangerous by annoying mine and a show proving that snakes are just another part of Australias wonderful wildlife was not good because it had no WOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back