Chaser crew held over APEC stunt

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard this on the radio. PISSED myself laughing. How many secrect service personal does GWB have with him? Like 700? All you've got to do is hire a motorcade and you can get passed them? HAHAHAAA!!!!!!
One for the record books.

...they didn't get anywhere near the Secret Service...

...you will find that despite having a large number of roads prepared to be closed, most are not actually closed at this stage. It is merely in preparation for closure. They got closer than they should have but I think you will find that most people could have got a similar distance...

...frankly, I was a bit disappointed, I expected much more from them - it will be interesting to see how it turns out for the show but hopefully they have something bigger and better planned...

I like how the police insisted it wasn't funny :)

Actually i'm quite impressed by this stunt. They said they had something big planned and i think they lived up to those comments. Arriving at the doorstep of GWB's hotel in a motorcade, dressed as Osama Bin Laden having gone through 2 police check points; that is pretty funny i reckon. :lol:

Bet some security are going to get drilled for this one!

Haha, awesome

Its amazing what you can convince people of with a little bit of confidence.

All the time and money ( tax payer )spent on protection of visiting diplomats and for what. If the chaser team can get that close with nothing to gain but prove a point, what could a terrorist cell do with a big dirty car bomb. All that been said love the chaser.

I retract my prevous post - just watched the whole stunt on ACA - they got a lot closer than I thought - GOLD! :)

Yep, it just played up here. They might spend a while in jail, but they can feel confident that that is a stunt that may never be beat, by anyone. Getting someone dressed as the worlds most wanted terrorist with 10 meters of the hotel where the most powerfull man in the world is staying, through multiple layers of security. Absolute classic.

Rednut - I will be VERY surprised if they even spend the night - I would suggest that they will be charged and granted bail. Probably not to enter the Sydney CBD for the next week or so ;)

Yeah, they have a habit of gettin outa this sorta stuff, don't they, LOL.

Lozza - It certainly has - there can be no doubt that ABC absolutely LOVE these sort of things - they were going down hill fast and the Chaser is bringing them back into the spotlight...

...an interesting point - the motorcade that breached security was funded by the Chaser, who is funded by ABC, who is funded by the Federal Government...who are paying a bucket load for security at APEC - which is then being breached by their own motorcade - quite ironic... ;)

Idiots are lucky they weren't shot. Security probly thought it was a terrorist attack or something. On that note doesnt this just give terrorists some fantastic ideas while at the same time undermining Australias ability to provide adequate security protocol.
Just my two bob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back