Chaser crew held over APEC stunt

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love those Chaser boys and can make a joke out of most things. The whole APEC thing is a joke !!!!

Rednut - I will be VERY surprised if they even spend the night - I would suggest that they will be charged and granted bail. Probably not to enter the Sydney CBD for the next week or so ;)

Why do they need to be charged the police can hold them till the end of APEC without charge or trial. Stupid laws. What ever happened to freedom and rights. Love the Chasers they are brilliant. Can't wait to see this episode. I do agree they will be out shortly though cause the longer they are held the more publicity they will get.

Actually i'm quite impressed by this stunt. They said they had something big planned and i think they lived up to those comments. Arriving at the doorstep of GWB's hotel in a motorcade, dressed as Osama Bin Laden having gone through 2 police check points; that is pretty funny i reckon. :lol:
Exactly! We spend massive sums of money on security and the Chaser has just shown them up as a complete embarrassment! The reason they are so furious about it is because they've been made to look so foolish! What if this was a real breach of security and they'd driven a bomb in there??? I think the Chaser deserves a medal myself!

Can I also state how completely embarrassed I was about the Victorian protest on the arrival of George Bush! Those stinking, hairy, leftist, dole bludging, self-righteous, good-for-nothings make me sick to the core! Any time I ever pass these morons taking on police expect to get belted from behind - I'll be coming from me, and it'll be coming hard and fast! Nothing boils my blood more!!!! :evil:

They're too smart to be convicted of anything. Love them!

Can I also state how completely embarrassed I was about the Victorian protest on the arrival of George Bush! Those stinking, hairy, leftist, dole bludging, self-righteous, good-for-nothings make me sick to the core! Any time I ever pass these morons taking on police expect to get belted from behind - I'll be coming from me, and it'll be coming hard and fast! Nothing boils my blood more!!!! :evil:

Common let us know how you really feel :lol: i have often thought of goin to such protests and throwing rocks(at the other protesters) or holding up a sign with a logical message such as "we need soap/deoderant", "man wheres my stash?" or "Dude, I wish i was smart enough to understand stuff".

The funniest thing about this is the fact that they came out and told everyone they had something big planned. How many hundreds of millions of dollars have they spent on security, yet they didn't put 1 or 2 people on The Chasers' tail. This could easily have been prevented if the cops had half a brain, instead they just proved to everyone how hopeless they really are. I was certain the police would have had a couple of UC's following the boys around to ensure they weren't able to pull something like this off, which is why i wasn't really expecting something as good as this from the boys. It seems the police are dumber then i thought. Now that is a huge statement! :lol:

i agree damn slackers should have gone up to sydney and been useful!

-i couldnt get time off work :(

on the bright side alexander down had lunch at my resturant on sunday...
i cooked it... oh yes oh yes.... i cooked it good!!!

i have never done anything bad to food before...
but it was a special circumstance....

worth noting, the poor man with his lowly 25million dollar personal fortune didnt tip... paid to the cent.

moose.... you'd probably be pleased to know...

the green left guys with the petitions in the city, i sign the ALL THE TIME!

as george bush
howard for god king of australia
kill all darkies
forget blood for oil, lets just get arab powered cars!

they annoy me....
the give the left a bad name

I've gotta admit, it was pretty funny. I'll bet the cops on the two checkpoints they passed will be getting an absolute reaming. Speaking as an actual security guard, this sort of thing happens way more frequently than it should. If it looks official or legit, and we feel confident that we can shift the blame if anything goes pear-shaped, we let things slide quite often. $18 an hour only provides so much motivation, you know.

Yeah, they have a habit of gettin outa this sorta stuff, don't they, LOL.

Could play against them in this case though. No judge is going to want to be seen as 'going soft' on them, and if they get a nasty one, he could well choose to make an example of them.

To be honest, I don't think they'll get any jail time. Mostly because their intent was not to injure or alarm people, but to demonstrate that the 'tight' APEC security is really anything but, and get a laugh out of the whole thing. I think a fine and some bail/probation conditions will be the worst of it.

Did anyone see the report on it on today tonight lol? Calling them 'the most dangerous' and making them sound like the worst people ever lmfao, i cant wait to see Chasers get them back lol.

i didn't see it..... i refuse to watch channel 7 some of the bs that spews forth from that channel is uncanny.

that being said i don't watch ANY free to air TV these days i'm so jack of reality shows with people who can't sing or people who don't know there are camera's in a house.....

Its amazing what you can convince people of with a little bit of confidence.

Exactly right, the more overt you are, the less likely you are to be challenged. Most people imagine 'baddies' to look like 'baddies', which simply isn't the case.

Absolute classic!! :lol::lol:
On Miff, J and the Doctor (JJJ) this morning they were saying that photos and bios on all the chaser team were given out to warn any visiting dignitaries of what to expect from the chaser team. Can't say they weren't warned.
I am so sick of GWB being referred to as "the leader of the free world" and "the most powerful man in the world" :evil: should be refered to as the most powerful PUPPET in the free world or perhaps MUPPET would be even more appropriate. :lol::lol:

as george bush
kill all darkies
they annoy me....
How much had you been drinking when you wrote this?? :lol: I can't understand a single sentence! :D
And yes, they give the left an even worse name! ;)

ps: After this whole security fiasco, what exactly are they going to charge them with?? Inappropriate fancy-dress??? Security let them in.....they weren't doing anything to endanger anyone’s life (except their own by sticking themselves in front of the gun-toting secret service agents that accompany the US President) I’d love to know what they’ll fabricate to charge them with? If the Chaser had a membership avenue I’d be signing up tomorrow – it’s an absolute classic!! :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
correct me if im wrong but i believe the reason they get out of so many things is because one or two of the chaser team members are actually lawyers??? And so they no what they can do and who far they can push things?

Also i think i heard/read somewhere that even though the chaser went past 2 check points with the canadian flags on the cars.... there werent any real canadians meant to be going to APEC??? shouldnt the security teams thought that was sus in its self?

the whole thing was great i love the chasers if they had a concert id throw my panties at them :)

as george bush
kill all darkies
they annoy me....
never would have picked you as a fanatical lefty :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back