Chat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FAY

I feel that when a new member signs up that they are NOT automatically allowed to go into chat but have a trial period on the forums. As most newys that come in there are banned or suspended members.

It is much easier to control them on the forums then in the chat room.

would make my life much easier!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to see their posts are scrutinized as well before becoming a full member - with some of the rubbish i've read over the years.... For example one newbie posted 'just feed them cockroaches while they're young...." (with respect to spotted pythons).

Plus in light of recent trumped up events - newbies are posting all sorts of hyped up propaganda and invalid rubbish - although that just makes me happy, others may actually agree with, or believe some of this stuff.

Why stop at chat Fayse.... You really should go the whole hog.... But I do agree with you none-the-less.

Maybe members shouldn't be allowed to post in the Chit Chat section, only the on topic ones. And not allowed to use chat. Until they've been a member for a month and have 20 posts or something.

Lets just ban new members. We all know that i give the mods and admin enough work as it is ;) why make the work any harder. :lol:

Maybe members shouldn't be allowed to post in the Chit Chat section, only the on topic ones. And not allowed to use chat. Until they've been a member for a month and have 20 posts or something.

- 1 for that - No way - totally defeats the purpose - new members can ask for advice but NOT give advice unless pre-approved by the high commission.

Therefore chit chat is purely acceptable providing they're not trumped up ignoramus'!

Perhaps in the sign up form they should have the following multiple choice question with allowing multiple ticks:

Are you:
1) Going to actively participate, sensibley and with valid arguments in all facets of the forum.
2) Going to give sensible advice when requested, providing you can back it up with factual arguments and have actually used or done the said advice you're giving.
3) A trumped up idiot that will give non-factual information based on absolutely no evidence sourced from no where.

They can tick one and two.... but if they tick three they're instantly life banned.

it's fool proof!

- 1 for that - No way - totally defeats the purpose - new members can ask for advice but NOT give advice unless pre-approved by the high commission.

Therefore chit chat is purely acceptable providing they're not trumped up ignoramus'!

Perhaps in the sign up form they should have the following multiple choice question with allowing multiple ticks:

Are you:
1) Going to actively participate, sensibley and with valid arguments in all facets of the forum.
2) Going to give sensible advice when requested, providing you can back it up with factual arguments and have actually used or done the said advice you're giving.
3) A trumped up idiot that will give non-factual information based on absolutely no evidence sourced from no where.

They can tick one and two.... but if they tick three they're instantly life banned.

it's fool proof!

if you asked that to everyone im sure there will be a few. someone will click to be funny and get banned

Are you:

it's fool proof!

Now now Slimy...we are talking about chat only...please keep on topic!!!! :lol:

or you could just get rid of chat, ban the trumped up argumentive know it all idiots giving pointless advice and get this forum back on track ;)

honest truth i have been here for over two years and dont think i have ever used chat. but if the idiots are getting on there giving bad advise than i am with fay.
cheers Dayle

or you could just get rid of chat, ban the trumped up argumentive know it all idiots giving pointless advice and get this forum back on track ;)

Quite a few of us really enjoy chat. Even myself. So, I really hope we do not get rid of it.

but if you make to many hoops that people have to follow/jump through the numbers might stop comeing in and then the adds might stop being paid for ect until the fourm shuts down? if you understand what im getting at?

but if you make to many hoops that people have to follow/jump through the numbers might stop comeing in and then the adds might stop being paid for ect until the fourm shuts down? if you understand what im getting at?

Totally understand...but I am ONLY talking about the chat room.

Deleting a post is one thing, but trying to control what people want to type in a live chat is another. There are a lot of older members who still come out with the occasional rant as well.. Maybe chat should be reptile related only? Or for subscribers only (not sure wether it is or not?).......

reptile related, thats right kurto. Every time i go in there mums are talking about when she picks junior up from school and how messy his room is. Cant get a word in.

Back on topic please...this has nothing to do about what is said or isn't said in chat.

Its a good idea Fay, perhaps the probation period could be made to be 3 or 6 months? That could sort out some of the 'wheat from the chaff'

Back on topic please...this has nothing to do about what is said or isn't said in chat.

There are a lot of older members who still come out with the occasional rant as well.. Maybe chat should be reptile related only? Or for subscribers only (not sure wether it is or not?).......

How does this have nothing to do with what you wrote?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back