Chat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a lot of older members who still come out with the occasional rant as well.. Maybe chat should be reptile related only? Or for subscribers only (not sure wether it is or not?).......

We really do not want it subscribers only...as there are some great members here that are not subscribers.

1st things first, i didn't realize you could ban people from chat...
i think a probation period is a good idea 3 to 6 months is a bit harsh, it would probably be better to base it on the number or "constructive" posts the individual has made, just to prevent people from posting 20 rubbish posts... you could probably make it more then that... but what ever suites...
and then if you arent happy with how the chat is functioning just ban the trouble makes from chat...

i just like how so many members that dont use chat are making posts about it. sorry but i think its wrong to stop new members from using chat for a trail period. yes i agree Fay that banned members come straight back with a new account, but why should a genuine new member miss out on asking the question that they may need answered now. i know they could post a thread, but what if they dont know how? we have had new member come into chat and ask whats a thread or post and how do they use the site. so how will these people ask their questions if their not able to use chat?sorry i know its alot of work for the moderators, but i think the only the only way to control what happens in chat is if the moderators moderate chat more.

Hi I'm new here and have always been into reptiles, I have read this thread after trying to go into chat but it says I'm banned, so after reading this thread I'm just wondering on how I go about being allowed in chat. I read about proving myself first and suggestions on how many post and that we should make before being allowed in there, I just haven't read what is the set number. I'm happy to just post on the forums here, but it would also be great to be able to talk reptiles in chat. I don't know how long it would take me to reach the set number of post as I usually only post in threads one forums when I feel I can really add to it, I more just read. Unless it is a thread I've started myself.

Hi I'm new here and have always been into reptiles, I have read this thread after trying to go into chat but it says I'm banned, so after reading this thread I'm just wondering on how I go about being allowed in chat. I read about proving myself first and suggestions on how many post and that we should make before being allowed in there, I just haven't read what is the set number. I'm happy to just post on the forums here, but it would also be great to be able to talk reptiles in chat. I don't know how long it would take me to reach the set number of post as I usually only post in threads one forums when I feel I can really add to it, I more just read. Unless it is a thread I've started myself.
There is no set limit yet

[quote ]There is no set limit yet [/quote]

I thought there must have been as I can't get into chat, is there anything I must do first before entering chat? Every time time I try it says I'm banned and I have no idea why.

[quote ]There is no set limit yet

I thought there must have been as I can't get into chat, is there anything I must do first before entering chat? Every time time I try it says I'm banned and I have no idea why.[/QUOTE]

That does happen to some people at times...not sure why..must be some technical glich!

personaly i find it amazing how many have somthing to say about this when they never even use chat ,,,,
for myself personaly the only thing i see wrong with a trial time before being able to use chat is the fact what when someone signs up alot of the time they are looking for Answers to whatever questions they might have .... i know when i 1st signed up thats what i was looking for and the 1st place i went to ask questions was chat ...... as i didnt know then how to post a thread and chat is somthing i enjoy ....
i think the thing is remember is not all newbies are a pest and do the wrong thing ,,,,, and gosh knows we have older members that would be well served with a massive big hammer to the back of the head hehehehe sorry still waking up i'm in no means a morning person :)

again only issue with a time be4 letting someone into chat is there are a few that really get the help they need from there just after signing up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back