Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vixen

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Well, late last night I was a little bored, so I decided to hop onto chat and see what was going on. As soon as I entered, I saw some pretty poor insults being thrown around to a certain member on this site that really offended me, was bad enough what he was saying, but just that he had the nerve to when the person wasnt even present. Talk about backstabbing.

Anyway, was wondering if I show the mods a few screens of what was being said if they could do something about this guy that was throwing the insults, or is it pretty much "what happens in chat stays in chat?"

As has been said before if you don't like what goes on in the chat room then don't go in there.

Fair enough, was just wondering. Just there was absolutely no need for what was being said.

Thats just lame ^. I was in chat to last night and what this guy was saying was pretty offensive, and id think the person that was being insulted wouldn't appreciate that too much.

I was in chat once and the same thing happened, I found it all really offensive, the mods just said that they dont control it and not to go in there. I still do occasionally but not when its like that. You really gotta pick your times.

I dont agree with it either. But you might as well sit back now and watch the 30 odd replys telling you dont go in there then.

I think the point of the op was that vixen took sum screenshots of this and wants to know if mods can do anything to punish this fool. The points not to ignore the insults blah blah blah, how about their be sum kind of reporting system, maybe the insults will slowly decline if theyr that much of a problem :rolleyes:

screenshot, submit anyone?

As I said, I contacted them once before and got no grace, I stayed off APS for ages because of it all.

I have to say, that I agree with the comments re:Mods taking some control of what goes on in chat....

I was on there last night, quite late and there were quite a few inappropriate comments being thrown around the room. Mainly at one person in particular... And I was in the room before either entered... So I didnt miss anything, and didnt think it was provoked...

After all some of the comments may as well be directed to what?? 50 percent (or more ) of APS members.... As it was directed at Coastal Carpet Python Owners.....

This is supposed to be a friendly site, that we can all learn more and more about our Herps....

LETS KEEP IT THAT WAY.... :)

After all some of the comments may as well be directed to what?? 50 percent (or more ) of APS members.... As it was directed at Coastal Carpet Python Owners.....

Well from what I saw it was clearly aimed at one member of the club, not going to argue, just saying I know how to read and it was not aimed at "50% or more of the APS members". Wont go into detail about what was said but it was pretty damn rude. Also had nothing to do with coastals, moreso about the appearance of one of its members :rolleyes: Pretty immature.

As I said, you need to pick your times, Ive chatted to some terrific people in there, but left in disgust at the nastiness directed at other members. Don't take it too hard, there are a lot of immature users there, but in saying that there are some great friendly people as well. The chat room isn't always what I'm after either. So I rarely go there but find the posts and threads better.

Yeh. Well ive only been in there twice, and ***** like that has gone on both times so :rolleyes: Guess I just won't go there anymore, Ill take your advice. Its a shame those immature people have to ruin it for others, its quite pathetic to witness, but hey, if it makes them feel tough lol :rolleyes:

not worth the trouble,

THANKS VIXEN.......................

Last edited:
honestly, chat is a place where most of the nastys go to abuse people..

they cant voice what they wana say on forums in fear of being banned, so they hide in chat slaggen each other off.

if u wana join the chat its best to just roll with the punches and dish it back :)

yeh dont get bent Steve, just a bunch of lame a**** with nothing else better to do then to whinge and hate on people. Pretty damn childish imo, and australis that hasta be the lamest thing ever in your sig. Grow up and get over it :rolleyes:

Mods can you close the thread now please, nothing more constructive is going to come from it and I dont want any arguing starting about it. Thanks

thanks method, i know in the end these few members will be shown up for what they are, the sad part is one i thought was a friend, even spent awhile chatting to him while i was staying at a mates place in brissy, just goes to show how easy so called friends can stab you in the back,

i'm sure most members will know it's me thats been getting run down, but in the end it's not me making a fool of myself........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back