Child survives Scrub Python attack.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah my grandma told me about this. What really impressed me was that the snake was killing the poor kid and they didn't even kill it when there are some people who see a snake minding it's own business and kill it.
Lucky kid. good on the mum and that man. Pretty scrubby too...

Whoa! Lucky kid! I love the ending note "scrub pythons can grow to 7 meters in length". I want one! My scrubbies about 4 meters. There is a reason why i only take them out when someone else is about. The immense power of these things is unreal.

This was up in port Douglas. I used to work with Claire in the habitat a few years back. Lived up there for 8 years, had all diets of snakes in the yard. First 4 years I saw maybe two snakes as I was not looking for them, last four years I saw snakes nearly every day as I was looking. Only one scrubby though, but it was massive, much larger that the one in the video

poor python was hungry... a child probably wasnt its best choice for food but we all make poor choices at times...

Yeah but to do that I need my Advanced Licence and I haven't had my Basic for even a year yet. Still got a bit of building up to do.
Also I think I'd better get an Olive or something of similar size before I dive right into a Scrubby.
I know they're a total different kettle of fish... But at least I'd have some experience in the size department if I got an Olive first up.

Having said that though I have a feeling one of my MDs is going to be fairly sizable - 10 months old an already around 110cm.
Jungle is going to be pretty big too I'd say - 10 months old on the 29th and is about 95cm give or take at the moment.

Yeh they are completely different... Scrubbies come across as being much 'smarter' than your average python. i love em! Hopefull il have a clutch this year...

Wow what a lucky kid. I know the snake was not a captive snake, but that's why I got rid of my larger snakes. It's not worth the risk.(even though I have an escape proof and locked room,still not worth the risk)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back