Chilli?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i grow some bog standard varieties of chilli. Keep some frozen in cliplock bags for when there are none in season.

Mrs Tinky gave me a bottle of chilli from the Oxfam shop for Christmas. Made in Swazieland and has some serious kick.

It's gonna be a hot night tonight.......

Just received a couple of bottles of sauce from Neil of The Hippy Seed Co.

The first is NagaSav, combining two superhots;
Naga Morich (current Guinness world record holder)
Red Savina (hottest till the Naga/Bhut).

The second is the one I'm most looking forward too...The Skobiyan, made from Trinidad Scorpions, Nashi Pears, Lemon and Lime juice, Red and white vinegar etc... It smells delicious and a strong scent of basil.

The Skobiyan isn't advertised on the website - if you want a bottle, you need to send Neil an email and hopefully he'll have some left! I think it was a small batch from something he said.

The NagaSav is on the site here and it has Nagas, Red Savinas, Apples, tomato concentrate, Apple Cider vinegar, molasses, etc. Has a real apple-y smell plus cinnamon?

The NagaSav is $10 per bottle, and the Skobiyan is $15.

Money well spent, tho' I doubt I'll feel that way at 3.30am tomorrow when I curl up in bed with that 'just-kicked-in-the-guts-feeling'.....

Here's Dave from Scorpion Chilli in WA and his quick taste test. He works at a school in Fremantle that helps kids from some pretty full-on backgrounds start afresh. Some of the kids (like Caity in the vid) help out with the production etc.
[video=youtube;B6TpaAPSXws]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6TpaAPSXws&feature=channel[/video]

cheers!

That looks insane mate, let us know how it goes, if you get the same thing or if it was just being talked up for the vid. By same thing, I also mean flavours, not just the heat.

My old fave that is one called Kangaroo Kick from The Chilli Man (habanero). Unreal with tacos etc.
The Chilli Man

Im a chilli newb (and just realized abit of a sook too)
I have Jalapenos and orange Haberneros having their first fruits atm.
I just tried a 2 inch if that Jalapeno 25 mins ago and almost cried lol. I thought Jalapenos were only mild? I have them n my subway rolls and they are nothing like these, these are damn hot lol

I admit I am a sook

They're the same varieties I have, I hope your plants do better than mine (see earlier posts in this thread).
Mine seem to go tops for a summer, then I'm buying new plants the following spring.

If you think your jalapenos are hot, wait to you have a fresh hab. Habaneros are my fave chilli, such a clean, floral, crisp flavour, & a perfect heat level (for me).

Sock Puppet, it was as hot as expected, but let off fairly quickly (10mins or so). As for taste...this would be the best tasting superhot sauce that Ive had. Well worth the small outlay mate!

Ahhh bewdy, thanks tooninoz. I think I'll flick em an email, see if there's any left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back