Chondro Colour Change

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we seeing for the first time on an open forum some morph's in the chondro world. they look awesome well done guys.

i have not read up much on chondro morph's but could this be one of the first canary's in australia?

Are we seeing for the first time on an open forum some morph's in the chondro world. they look awesome well done guys.

i have not read up much on chondro morph's but could this be one of the first canary's in australia?

That's exactly what I thought when I saw Ad's snake. If that isn't a canary, well I'd be a monkey's uncle (who knows, I probably already am) :)

Don't know anything about chondro's - apart from the fact that i'd love one eventually - but were all hatchies from that clutch the red colour? of was it a mix of red and the usual yellow? ps: nice snake :)

Hey ad
Love the red - thanks for sharing

the brick red ones always fascinated me :)
Cheers
Sandee :)

Ad do you think that animal will stay that colour (yellow) for the remainder of its life? As to me i think that looks to be all the changing it would do, but not having seen the colour change myself i am unsure if they only change once or more than once???

No, it wouldn't be one of the first, although it might be one of the first to be openly pictured on a public forum.

It's interesting, how long it takes for Biaks and other morphs from the western populations to change colour. The natives change in about 8 months of age. Ontogenic colour change in GTPs is not age related but it is size dependent, which is even more intriguing because the Biaks are the largest of all the races.

So has that one got strains from snakes from Papua New Guinea if it's red?

Or is that wrong?

It's interesting, how long it takes for Biaks and other morphs from the western populations to change colour. The natives change in about 8 months of age. Ontogenic colour change in GTPs is not age related but it is size dependent, which is even more intriguing because the Biaks are the largest of all the races.

A mate of mine has an 18 month old Biak that is still very orange and only just now started to go yellow. So far only whispers of green is showing through. Cant wait to see it in another 12 months. In comparison his aussie "Meraukes" have completely changed colour at the same age.

Its funny how everyone seems to have locality data for their smuggled in animals. This might touch a nerve but its true, its amazing how suddenly people know what the origin is of their non Australian greens.

Its funny how everyone seems to have locality data for their smuggled in animals. This might touch a nerve but its true, its amazing how suddenly people know what the origin is of their non Australian greens.
Yes its great and NPWS are none the wiser lol.How do people get away with it.

Just like jags would not bother them much either. Come on boys lets see some jags. The whole system is a joke.

A lot of non-natives were brought in before the amnesty and most people know where they came from.

I thought it was well known fact that native GTPs only produce yellow babies. So, what is there to hide?
Cordylus,
I am only guessing the the pictured GTP is a Biak or one of the western races. I bet you not even it's owner knows the snakes exact origins.

So why are people only starting to disclose locality data now? Its the same with the aussie greens, so many people suddenly have them. Or is it just because people are realising that working the system is just so much easier these days. Before greg maxwell's book as well as the german book, there did not seem to to be any locality data in Australia.Even the rest of the world had difficulty attaining accurate locality data. When was the amnesty? So you are telling me the smugglers new exactly where their animals were coming from?? That is rediculous. Animals with no locality data and of mixed origin are the cheap snakes overseas. Why would a smuggler pay more for a locality pure animal if he can just get something cheap and nasty to make a huge return on??

It may be possible that you cant be sure exactly what locality these animals are from but that problem is not limited to Australia. even Greg Maxwell uses "type" descriptors eg Biak type, Sorong type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back