Chondro Colour Change

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cordylus,
I am not aware of too many people disclosing locality data - they are more referring to races, colour morphs and in most cases, they are just guessing their origins. I am not a smuggler but I am informed that most of the illegally imported GTPs in recent times are from commercial breeders in Thailand, Indonesia and Hong Kong with no record of origin. You are absolutely right - snakes with mixed or unknown origin are cheap and nasty and the conditions they are produced in would make you spew. However, some of them show interesting colours, desirable for designer morph breeding and that is why they are popular in Australia.
There seem to be this illusion amongst Ausie herp keepers that you can buy GTPs for a few hundred bucks in the US. You can, but they are the same trashy snakes. If you want a GTP like Maxwell breeds or a pure bloodline, you'll be in the thousands or even tens of thousands $$$.

Yes its great and NPWS are none the wiser lol.How do people get away with it.

In Qld they are one of the 2 exotic herps you can keep, axolotyls are the other one. They do know about it, why they allow 2 exotic species yet no others im not sure, probably just because they are already here and dont pose too much of threat if they escape.

SV-that yellow is fantastic! well done mate. do you have a male for her yet? she is something special for sure. hoprfully she holds that yellow for you.
ad-the red ones are very nice i love the slow colour changes they go through, it will probably just end up green with some blue and yellow scales on it. cant wait to add these guys to my collectiopn

Thanks Jason. I doubt if she's going any greener. I was worried initially but there hasn't been any change for over 18 months... Maybe when she gets gravid, who knows. I'll probably find out next season :)

SV-that yellow is fantastic! well done mate. do you have a male for her yet? she is something special for sure. hoprfully she holds that yellow for you.
ad-the red ones are very nice i love the slow colour changes they go through, it will probably just end up green with some blue and yellow scales on it. cant wait to add these guys to my collectiopn

Here is a sibling female from the same clutch,
She still has a lot of yellow through the green, but a high blue content also,
including dipping her nose in the bucket of blue paint! lol
Cheers
Adam

Attachments

• zIMG_4844a.jpg
    zIMG_4844a.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 73
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back