Choosing the right breed for the enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

d-dutz

Reaction score
Hey guys I've just bought a second had enclosure (it is quite large picture included).
I've never owned a python before and I really like the stimsons but am curious as to how arboreal they are? The enclosure is quite tall and I would hate to get a python that doesn't take full advantage of the size of the enclosure. because of this I have been thinking maybe a bredli... However I think I'm still quite attached to the stimsons so hopping that they are more arboreal than what I have read thanks
image.jpg

Dimensions??? Normally the question is what enclosure for my species? If you really like a Stimson go for it but maybe consider a hatchy that you can keep in a click clack for a while.

In the long run a snake will end up costing a lot more than the enclosure so you are better off getting one you really want.

Hey thanks for the reply, the dimensions are 90cm tall, 90cm wide by 45cm deep.

yea I am definitely going to get a young hatchling and I have already made a small click clack with a 10l tub and when the youngster is ready move him either to a larger click clack or to the enclosure.
I'm more just curious as to if a stimsons would use the entire enclosure or predominantly lay on the ground?

That is only slightly smaller than the one my adult Mac is in. The difference is that my back wall has ledges and crevices to use and the timber I have used is thicker so my girl does use every inch of the enclosure but in her old tank although she would use the branches she struggled to maintain a hold. Stimi's, Macs and Childrens, aren't arboreal as such but they are climbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back