Click Clack for beginner

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bredli97

Reaction score
Hello all,
(sorry if this is in the wrong section)

I have recently jointed this forum and will be picking up my first reptile soon.
I'm picking up a male hypo bredli hatchling, and I was wanting to check on my click-clacks suitability.

I have 2 dowel poles, 3 hides, a water bowl and fake plant too.
I have a heat mat connected to a thermostat with a thermal gradient of 24-26 degrees in the cold end to 32-35 degrees in the hot end. Does the temps seem ok? I also have air holes for ventilation.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and any help is greatly appreciated.

(also any tips for beginners would be very helpful)IMG_0450.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry forgot to add... I have done as much research as I can and have a few books, I was just hoping to get some good advice and from all the experienced people here. Thanks again.

Temps seem fine to me. Can probably do without the plant, but that is up to you. A little tip you might like to try is to fold one end of the roll closed - The little ones tend to feel more secure as they tuck themselves as far into the corner as they can.

Also, it looks like the rolls (hides) are next to each other. Try and space them out so you have one in the cool end, middle and hot end.

Good luck. In the meantime, keep reading all you can and above all - enjoy your new critter.

Thank you Rob72,
I'll definitely try the tip you suggested. I may remove the plant (depending on whether or not the hatchling makes use of it)
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back