climbing on lights

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

westhamsc

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
how do i stop my 1 year old carpet python from climbing on the lights should i make a cage up to put over the lights if so how fine should the mesh be so far luck has been on my side and he has not burnt him self but i want to avoid this so any suggestions would be helpful.

Hi, you can buy ready-made light globe cage protectors from Herpshop for $17.50.
Here's a link: www.herpshop.com.au

I think they are in the 'Lighting Equiptment' sub menu. I have dealt with Brian and he is very helpful and prompt.

Hey, I just used a normal lamp shade covered in a metal mesh over the front and a little over the back, so he can't squeeze through.
The Mesh is bent around to fit the shade and then I put masking tape around the edges to get rid of sharpness. That way if you blow a light globe it's easy to replace.
It's not the pretiest thing, but it's effective.

The commercial cages are not really suitable when the snake gets bigger as they are pretty light guage.there are some heavier ones available but I haven't seen them around for ages.

Reptile barn has some pretty heavy duty ones. I use these. $70 last time I purchased one. The fitting and the cage is all in one. They have done the job nicely for me so far.

My dear sweet Nicole, at $70.00 I would want them to come complete with a pair of GTP's! :) Sorry my sweet but I think that is a bit expensive :)

that seems pretty expensive but i spose its alright if it does the job.

thanks for that guys :D i made one out of 9mm mesh and it has a door so i can change the globe easy and it seems monty can't get up there so it's done its job :D

Couldn't find these ones any where else so I willingly paid the $70...
Then again, I don't hve a big collection, so buying only 4 of them is not a bank-breaker.
I think they work well and look good, so I'd buy then again.

Nothing wrong with $70, I have 3 of them, but they came with the enclosures.(Commercial) They are all stainless steel, and as mentioned by Nicole, the fittings are with them and all you have to do is plug them in.
I have seen them in three other Pet-Shops for eighty dollars, well $79.95 exactly.
I personally would not have any thing different, especially for larger snakes.

Little bit too hot maybe? Dont wanna burn yourself.

i recently bought the ones from ultimate reptiles but the ones i got before that was from reptile world in campbelltown but they have closed down now ..... well last time i went there anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back