Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pigysus

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I think it's a Cunningham's Skink but it should be called a Lucky skink from the look of it. Seemed happy enough when I put it down again
Ted

Attachments

• DSCN0460.jpg
    DSCN0460.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 292
I'm pretty certain he's OK. None of the scars seemed very recent and all healed without any signs of septacemia (closest i could get to correct spelling, hope you know what i mean).

hi ted nice skink it is very lucky...but it is not a cunningham skink maybe someone who is into skinks on here can id it for you.

Last edited:
are you sure about that Jamie, i've seen my fair share of cunnis and it looks that way to me

Lucky Skink

here it is from a slightly different angle. I must admit i thought it was Cunningham without too much doubt. What makes you doubt it, jamie?

Ted

Attachments

• DSCN0459.jpg
    DSCN0459.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 128
He sure is one lucky little lizard, those two big scars look like a bite mark (like a big bluey grabbed him from the side or something)

Im with Jamgo, not a cunningham. From those photo's I'd be thinking something along the lines of Egernia striolata , or E. frerei.

Cheers Rossco.

I was thinking a cunningham's skink when I initially saw the picture.
Regardless what species it is- that guy is like the Rambo of the reptile world:p
Ben.

I just googled pics of tree skinks and major skinks and I'm still pretty set on it being a cunni

Iam not much of a skink man but its not a cunningham or egernia striolata maybe a juvenile egernia frerei Rossagon but not sure i have only seen a couple of adults...someone should give a postive id soon.

Cunningham's skinks have spiky scales (especially on their tails). The scales of the pictured animal look smooth to me. I agree with Rossco - it looks like a young major skink (Egernia frerei). In fact, I'm 100% certain of that.

Stewart

Last edited:
that one big scar down the side is epic hes truly is rambo the skink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back