Closed threads ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
breach of any rules
and i think they close them after no posts for a long time

lol
thats about right too Peter lmao, its a conspiracy.....us and those alien mod sub humans :)

There is no reason really. Very very annoying when you want to ask a question, then people say use the search bar. You find something, and if you want to ask a further question, you can't because it is closed.

Hmm but if thats the case, why is it
that some have been closed after only a week or 2 of being posted?

It just seems a little repetitive to restart a new thread just to add fresh pics in a thread that already exists like say for example, " Show us your stimsons" etc.

If there is some crucial need to close threads because they are old that I do not know about, I would love to hear it, otherwise ( to me anyway ) its appears pointless and counter productive.

It seems that there is more critisism on this site then help,
most of us can take a joke,and see the funny side(if there is one)
but bagging people out and being nasty over threads that some people are interested in isnt that funny,
If you dont like the thread or think its ridiculous, then dont read it.
The continuous negative replies (that arent informative,just rude), makes people not want to post or ask for help.

Many of my threads are closed as my question is answered.
Sometimes the thread gets too far off track and/or people start absuing each other and it gets closed.
Other times its closed because its deemed irrelevant by the mods...even though thats what the chitchat secion is for..irrelevant stuff.
Sometimes its closed as of the time since the last post.
And sometimes its closed for no obvious reason whatsoever......

It seems that there is more critisism on this site then help,
most of us can take a joke,and see the funny side(if there is one)
but bagging people out and being nasty over threads that some people are interested in isnt that funny,
If you dont like the thread or think its ridiculous, then dont read it.
The continuous negative replies (that arent informative,just rude), makes people not want to post or ask for help.

I will definetly agree with that.

i opened one up on stem cell research. had 90 hits and 1000ish views.
shut down the day it was opened.
figure that one out

I've seen threads closed for no good reason whatsoever and I find it very frustrating.

Not critisising anyone on here, but the best forums I've been on are where the administrators/moderators realise that without it's members they are nothing and they leave posts and threads alone and only get involved when things get nasty or abusive which I think is a great idea. After all, they are moderators, not controllers.

You will find that if the thread embraces controversial subjects that attract emotive responses, it will not last long, as with Motman440's thread on Stem Cell research! I pick and choose what I read, and if I think I won't like what's said, I stay right out of the thread altogether, as was said in a previous post in this thread, "If you dont like the thread or think its ridiculous, then dont read it.".....makes sense to me!!!!
I don't understand people who read a thread, then complain, it's like the tv..........if you don't think it's appropriate for you, then don't watch it!!!! Simple as that!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back