Closed threads ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is bizzare. I just came across one of my old threads about blonde macs that was closed for absolutely no reason. There was no argueing or any form of rule breaking and Hix closed it. What gives? Just becuse the thread is old doesnt mean it needs to be closed. Those macs are breeding now and I may have wanted to add to the thread. Maybe the mods dont like antaresia :)

Here's the thread:
http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/australian-snakes/blonde-mac-update-65838

As already said, after a certain period of time with no activity a thread is closed. Do a search for anything, after you get to a certain point all the threads are closed.

So now I have to go along and bump everyone of my threads ... :D

Personally the subject doesen't really bother me one way or another.. Its easy enough to start a new thread and if needed supply a link to the closed thread.

But if you go to User CP tab, then to user control panel, there seems to be a box called "Latest moderator actions on your posts/threads" and this lists the latest threads closed and which mod closed it.

Maybe if you PM the particular mod in question you'll get the answer and reasons why a particular thread has been closed.

You will find anything before May (I think) is closed probably due to the change of server.

Check peoples profiles, statistics (thread started by whoever) and you will find that you are not alone!!

Last edited by a moderator:
As has already been stated, it would appear that some threads get closed automatically after a certain amount of time, either that or there has been a need to do it, ie. Bickering etc..

Remember, if you feel that a thread has been locked for no apparent reason and you wish to post in it, then just PM a mod or use the report button and we will be happy to unlock it for you, as long as there wasn't a reason for it's original closure.
Believe it or not we have better things to do with our time than go through old threads and close them for no reason!

suggestion

maybe when the mods close a thread they should state a reason for it in the last post.
this way, future readers would understand why it has been closed and who the mod is that closed it.

for example (and i'm noy trying to single any one thread or moderator here, it's purely an example) the thread "My sons modelling photo's" was opened on 07/09/08 and closed on 08/09/08.
slateman made the last post and i assume closed the thread, his comment gave me the impression he just did not like the thread rather than any rules were broken.

like a said, if the mods gave a reason for closing the thread, people may be a little more understanding.

......................ok then time to close this thread!!!:rolleyes::lol::lol:

i think threads close for 2 main reasons

the site does not understand what slander is and means, especially for them
i can name someone, on the internet, in a forum, and say whatever i like, and the site IS NOT liable, nor is the site even required to remove the post when requested.
(re: whirlpool law suit)

and secondly, a lack of understanding of commonly accepted internet rules:
"All readers and Members are advised that the opinions expressed on or in this Forum are the opinions of the posters and do not represent the opinions of the Forum, its staff or it's owners.
You are advised that everyone on the "internet" is an "expert"
044.gif
and as such you are advised to take all opinions in here with a grain of salt.
In Forum speak, some people are full of sh|t and if you take their advice, you are playing with your life. (or your snakes life)
If you want to become a better [whatever forum is about], might we suggest that you seek professional advice/training, not rely on a faceless person on the internet.

This message endorsed by a faceless person on the internet."
is about what 99.9% of forums i use as "rules"

For example (and i'm noy trying to single any one thread or moderator here, it's purely an example) the thread "My sons modelling photo's" was opened on 07/09/08 and closed on 08/09/08. slateman made the last post and i assume closed the thread, his comment gave me the impression he just did not like the thread rather than any rules were broken.

I have seen the exact same thing happen before and as far as I'm concerned a moderator is there to moderate people's behaviour not control what people can and can't talk about.

A moderator should be able to stay impartial and not have their own opinions come into things and as long as people are obeying the site rules, then posts and threads should be left alone.

I had a thread closed to for no reason to!! It was the " What song was No1 the day you were born" thread i P.Md a Mod about it and it still hasnt been reopened and there wasnt any bickering in it at all!!!

Please can this be reopened Mods :D

Wasnt that long ago it was created.

Cheers Chappie. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back