Co- habiting!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_Varanus

Went down to see my "girls" early this morning and found an interloper. Apologies for the pics, the original scene was 4 female RBB's and this EB curled up on top of them like it was laying on tarmac (cheeky bugger)! I was so astonished, it took me a while to get the camera out. I'll try again tomorrow for better pics.

Anyone seen this before, EB's and RBB's sharing the same site? Please share pics here if you have them.

Attachments

• Co- habit 002 [1600x1200].jpg
    Co- habit 002 [1600x1200].jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 127
  • Co- habit 007 [1600x1200].jpg
    Co- habit 007 [1600x1200].jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 151
Great photo i_V! Puts paid to the theory that you don't find browns where RBBs are prevalent! :)

Jamie

I've actually found a RBB halfway through eating a brown before...

my dad found a similar thing under some mulch that was covering a garlic paddock , cant remember who was eating who but from memory it was a rbb and a brown , both where dead though as well

I was always under the impression that this is the usual scenario and often meet locals when I'm on callouts who sware if they have RB's then they wont have Brownies:)!

I'm sure both species eat each other on occasion (probably depending on who is bigger).

The theory is more likely a result of the different species having a preference for different habitats.

Wow, thats awesome, when I saw the thread title I thought...here we go, another thread about keeping a blue tongue with a beardy, or a small python with a lizard lol :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back