coastal and jungle carpets?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alex92

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey guys, just been browsing a few threads and found myself a bit confused, basically how different are the jungle and coastal carpet pythons, i know they're meant to grow to different lengths but from a few images it kinda looks like you can't determine from colour. there's the obvious jungles which are really golden but other people post photos of what they say are jungle carpets which look near identical in colour to the 2 baby coastal pythons i have. just not sure whether there's types of jungle pythons which tend to be incredibly dull in colour or these people are wrong about theirs, i was looking forward to having a nice large snake in a few years when i bought mine, both the parents were mostly dark browns and kinda dark olive colours but can't help but wonder if the seller was misinformed and had dull jungles or something?

Attachments

• CAM00149.jpg
    CAM00149.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 158
you may have been sold a coastal as a jungle, high quality jugles are afaik generally Black and Gold/Yellow (Palmerston locale) or black and white (julatten locale), don't keep them myself... , yet

you may have been sold a coastal as a jungle, high quality jugles are afaik generally Black and Gold/Yellow (Palmerston locale) or black and white (julatten locale), don't keep them myself... , yet

i was told that they're coastals when i bought them but just became confused when i came across a thread mentioning the atherton jungles, atherton is about an hour away from here and some of those posts ranged from colours very similar to these guys all the way to the vibrant yellows, it's just kinda confusing when people post photos of what's apparently a jungle carpet which looks identical to my baby coastal carpets

If they look like Coastals, and were sold as Coastals.. chances are they are Coastals. :p

i'd hope so, the seller wasn't a breeder or anything special, just confused a bit when i came across some photos of snakes that looked like coastals but people on the site were claiming are jungles, makes you wonder how different the 2 types really are

Not an expert on snakes or anything, but I thought the pattern was different between the coastal carpet python and the Jungle python, I know that pattern are very variable these days, due to lots of breeding programs, but the basic pattern is different?

Depending on the age of the snake the colour can be a lot different. Young snakes are usually drab in colour so they can hide easily and they colour up as they grow.

I may be wrong (i often am) but looking at those 2 you have pictured just going by their color and pattern i would have thought they were Darwins not coastals, i hope i don't cause a fecal storm but what do others with more experience than me think?? :)....................................Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back