Coastal carpet coloring ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wattso

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I meta guy in a petshop today, who told me ha had a coastal with green in its coloring, apparently had lime green color along underbelly. I have never seen any pics of this color in coastals. Does anyone have coastal with green color?
p.s. Is it possible to improve coloring of a snake by anymeans ?

um.. you could try food dye...:) [sorry! Couldn't resist!]

LOL. I was thinking along the lines of natural minerals or such added to food? fish color can be improved dramatically by similar means. :D food dye indeed!

leave the shake in a hot room when it has passed away and maybe it'll turn green.....

Insectovor , Perhaps I didnt make myself clear. I dont want to change the snakes color. I dont want it green. I want to improve its natural color.

professor says...."straight to the bottom of the class for you lad, "F" ! :p :lol:

mabey the guy has got a darwin carpet....mine has a lime green under side and neck...and so do many other darwins.

maybe its a hybrid of a darwin and a costal

Intresting, could be he had a hybrid. Lol, insectovor, yes he gets natural sunlight every few days . from the look of him he must have been a very nice looking juvenile, i wonder if coloring dulls with age?. I've tried web searches for relevant articles but, its very difficult to come up with what you want without very broad input keywords, then you get a few thousand crap pages. Very interested in reading university articles about snakes and reptiles research etc, does anyone know of specific search engine for such? much appreciated. :D

Wattso,
One of my old Coastals appeared to have a greenish tinge to her, seen a few coastals like her, but not that many.
Nice to have a animal a bit diiferent from the run of the mill !

Neil

Fuscus thanks mate.
Nc herps, Yeah I was thinkin that too, told himhe should have kept it, had offered to buy it but he had already sold it. do you have/can get good pic of this coloring, would love to see ~cheers

If anyone read the article I wrote for Reptiles Australia you would have seen my mention of green coloration in coastals.
I think this color variation is from Grafton???

my friends have a darwin-proserpine carpet, and it has definately got green in it...
he is absolutely beautiful... and green.

I reckon my proserpine has got green in it, especialy straight after a shed. Check out my photo album, although the photos don't really do justice to his colouring :(

If anyone read the article I wrote for Reptiles Australia you would have seen my mention of green coloration in coastals.
I think this color variation is from Grafton???

Green is also found in coastals around the New England area of NSW (250 km SW of Grafton). Best I can explain the colour as a weak, milky pastel - similar to the green of "glow in the dark" type of paint used on clock and watch dials.

Sobrien, nice pics, hard to see colors really well tho.
Nothin2do, good description [glowindark] thats what this guy said too!

Not sure if this helps, but have seen a male 6.5 foot coastal carpet that was a light green that it looked almost mint, and its underbelly colour was also green tinged.
Moses

As per previous post an example of the local NE colouring
[/img]

Attachments

• coastal.jpg
    coastal.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 60
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back