Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absotively. Fantastic sake mate, you should definitely breed it. I can tell it's hypo because not only has the eye colour completely reduced but there's also a break (maybe even two!) in the black there. Obviously it takes an especially brilliant reptilian professional like myself to notice these things, so I'm not surprised no one has picked this yet but.....it's actually hypER and hypO....you can tell by the way it's got some black there despite it being a hypo. Don't feel bad that you didn't pick it, I've been doing this for 2 seconds and I own a childrens python so I'm like totally awesome at this stuff :D

well obviously 2 seconds isnt enough to recognise that this snake is not only hypo and het for hyper but is also carries the genes for red (not brown). You can also see that the red (not brown) gene is co-dominant, but this takes a very trained eye and I wouldnt expect you to be that good yet.

well obviously 2 seconds isnt enough to recognise that this snake is not only hypo and het for hyper but is also carries the genes for red (not brown). You can also see that the red (not brown) gene is co-dominant, but this takes a very trained eye and I wouldnt expect you to be that good yet.

Look mate, why don't you just go back under that rock and speak when spoken to hey? Who asked you for your opinion anyway? I'll have you know that I am THE foremost expert on this....stuff....by virtue of my being far more stubborn and obnoxious than you :lol:

*puts on flame suit and grabs popcorn*

Look mate, why don't you just go back under that rock and speak when spoken to hey? Who asked you for your opinion anyway? I'll have you know that I am THE foremost expert on this....stuff....by virtue of my being far more stubborn and obnoxious than you :lol:

*puts on flame suit and grabs popcorn*

Ok, I'll let you have the title of THE foremost expert on hypos and hypers but no way are you the expert in reds and browns. I'll have you know that I once saw a coastal in the wild (well I think it was a coastal) and it was partially striped and almost red !!!!. I even did a quick DNA analysis on the spot, and found that this combination of red striping made it go faster.

Ok, I'll let you have the title of THE foremost expert on hypos and hypers but no way are you the expert in reds and browns. I'll have you know that I once saw a coastal in the wild (well I think it was a coastal) and it was partially striped and almost red !!!!. I even did a quick DNA analysis on the spot, and found that this combination of red striping made it go faster.
You say that as though it isn't something we all know already :rolleyes:

Australis, that is the best grade A hypo I've seen. Nearly reduced pattern Tiger too.......

i've got a pic of a coastal thats het for red, striped and hypo.... well hopefully. 30% of the clutch were red or red and striped, and a couple were hypo. does that mean i will get an albino or something??? lol

I'm a little rusty at distinguishing red from brown, any chance of a diagram or something
to better illustrate this distinction?

The differance is simple Australis, $150-00 for brown and $500-00+ and a stupid morph name for red :)

The differance is simple Australis, $150-00 for brown and $500-00+ and a stupid morph name for red :)

i do have a coastal that had red's for siblings. (for real). what are my chances of getting a red in the offspring? slim to none or does it work on the albino theory for hets ect

I'm a little rusty at distinguishing red from brown, any chance of a diagram or something
to better illustrate this distinction?

I just so happen to have an illustration of the principle ;)

Attachments

• kahlua212043 copy.jpg
    kahlua212043 copy.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 37
Don't be ridiclous Simon, that produces more of a brick/orange colouration. What you really need is some RBBS in the gene pool. I saw a video about it on youtube once.

I just so happen to have an illustration of the principle ;)

Are you sure that's correct? Based on what I've seen I'd say you've got your labels around the wrong way.

Any chance of pics of parents and grandparents and possibly their parents and/or siblings?

:twisted:

Australis, I have a rat you can feed it...
eyeless001.jpg

Or maybe this one would be more appropriate?
eyelessrat-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back