Coastal Carpet sleeping under aspen bedding.....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RepifilmzTV

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone my 7 month old coastal carpet python has just recently been put into his new enclosure which has around 1.5 inch deep aspen bedding. Ever since he was put in he dug him self right under the bedding and stays under it 97% of the time. Is there a reason he is doing this ? ? ?

Thanks Aussie :)

my childrens python does that sleeps under it hehe

most snakes seem to prefer small tight cramped places to hide, they will pick somewhere they feel safe and secure, there are lots of keepers who have put 'larger' hides into an enclosure only to find that the resident will stick with the 'one size too small' version and wind up lifting the hide off the ground... He feels comfortable under the aspen, just make sure you know where his head is at when you go and stick your hand in there, they love a good game of hide and freak the owner out...

most snakes seem to prefer small tight cramped places to hide, they will pick somewhere they feel safe and secure, there are lots of keepers who have put 'larger' hides into an enclosure only to find that the resident will stick with the 'one size too small' version and wind up lifting the hide off the ground... He feels comfortable under the aspen, just make sure you know where his head is at when you go and stick your hand in there, they love a good game of hide and freak the owner out...

Yes they sure are good at that game. Went to take him out the other day & was scurrying thru the bedding and out of nowhere he striked out. :)

when i fisrt noticed my childens python doing it i thought id lost him i searched the entire room pulling things out before i checked under the aspen lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back