coastal help won't use a hide

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie56

Not so new Member
Reaction score
i have a sub juvie coastal and she refuses to use a hide i have tried all different types of hides but she goes in and comes back out within minutes i have tried them on her heat pad away from her heat pad and still no go she eats really well and is not stressed in anyway. from what i've read she should use a hide. also she is still on fussies rats and will only take one so i feed her twice a week and with that she seems happy is that enough for her:oops::p

Snakes don't have to use their hides, but you still need to provide them with at least one. Your snake must just be comfortable with her enclosure. Most of my yearling mac don't use their hides no matter where they are. Little pains prefer to mess their boxes up and go under the newspaper, but at least they're still happy!
Generally, I believe that one feed a week will be sufficient :)

Coastals are like nosy neighbours they like to see whats going on around there enclosure. I have 2 and they have never used there hide boxes so i took them out. Also there is a pub in yeppoon queensland that i went to one night and there was a coastal in the roof of the pub it would come out every night and look around at every one eating and drinking apparently it has been there for years. It was pretty cool to witness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back