Coastal Straining

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SNKMST

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am sure this isnt somthing everyone wants to read about but it is worrying me.

I just heard a loud coughing/spluttering noise from my male coastals enclosure he is around 6feet long.

When i went to inspect this noise he was to put it politly going to the toilet but he was straining and spluttering over the side of his enclosure he was bent in a few places in his mid section and he mouth was open with each strain.

Has anyone seen this before and is it normal, he seems ok now and is getting about as he normally does after dark.

Thanks

I have had the same thing happen before, it was followed by a projectile diareeha(Spelt wrong), it worried the help out of me at the time, it only happened the once and wasn't repeated.

The only thing that I could think of that upset the snakes stomach was maybe a bad rat.
I observed closely for the next fortnight, not feeding during this time, and then fed another rat from a different batch, no probs.

Of course if your snake hasn't got the diareeha(Spelt wwrong again) then it might be something entirely different, it might be anyway, possibly a respiratory prob or any number of other things, so best get it check out by a Vet.

Neil

Sounds like worms, snakes will do that when they have a bad worm problem, Vetafarm Wormout at one ml per kg once then again in 2 weeks should solve the prob. Available at vets.
Rob

Vetafarm Wormout at one ml per kg

Hey Rob,
Is that one ml of the gel when it's at recommended dilution?? or is it just one ml of the undiluted gel?

Thanks,
-Henry

1 ml undiluted. It dosent need to be diluted just inject into food item and mums the word. I only use a very small food item and only the one, no more food, to get the best obsorbsion rate. If animal is not feeding and a catherder is needed it is easier to water it down a bit.
Rob

Thanks Rob, It's just i have a fair bit of worm-out gel for medicating my finches, i did'nt realise i could worm the snakes with it as well.

-H

Neph,- Its the best stuff to use, praziquantel- is the active drug in droncit,(droncit is only a brand name), for tape worm. and oxfendazole is pretty much the same as the active drug in panacur which I think from memory is febendazole, only it is supposed to be a bit more effective, which is for most other worms. So it pretty much does everything in one dose. To easy.
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back