Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gonff

Reaction score
someone posted some pics of their coastal that they were selling, and i have some q's about them.

1. how big do they grow?

2. are they aborial?

3. what size enclosure do they need?

4. are they a good snake, (are they placid)?

5. who keeps them on here? any pics?

here is some pics of the 1 that was being sold!

Attachments

• IMG_6839%20%28Medium%29.JPG
    IMG_6839%20%28Medium%29.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_6821%20%28Medium%29.JPG
    IMG_6821%20%28Medium%29.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 66
hey mate there are heaps of info on them but ill elaborate for you...i have quite a few coatals now... they grow to an average of 7-8 foot but the biggest rarely exceed 3mtres..thats not to say they cant though.
yes they are an aborial snake so you need an enclosure that is a fairly big... i will be housing all my adault coastals in outdoor avairies..i know alot of people that use aviaries without problems.

like any snake nothing can be called placid...i have spotted pythons that are crankier then my scrub python so i just goes by the nature of the individual and handling is also a major factor in so called calming snakes.
heres a few pics anyway.

Last edited:
Coastals

We have 5 coastals, ranging from 5 months old to adults. Only have pics of 4 as recieved our newest only a few days ago. The four pictured are all quite placid and easily handled. Only occasionally snappy when getting out of their enclosures. Our newest member wasn't handled much so is a bit fiesty at the moment. I'd definitely recommend them if you're happy to have a large snake.

Attachments

• caramel 001.jpg
    caramel 001.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 69
  • reptiles 009.jpg
    reptiles 009.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 65
  • reptiles 008.jpg
    reptiles 008.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 60
  • caramel 002.jpg
    caramel 002.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 81
they are very aborial so id recomemend something around 1.5mtres long 2mtres high and prob 800 deep. thats roughly what im housing adaults in but up to personal preference. the avairies i have for them are about 3mtre by 2 mtre and 2 mtre high. but thats for a fair few carpets.

ud prob be best with something a bit higher then that...but that will be fine for juvies and sub adaults.

id recomend something higher then it is long mate. something maybe like this for an adault or adault pair.
the pic is of the enclosure unfinished but you get the gist

Last edited:
there nice lookin coastals ssssmithy,i have 1 but only a baby at present.Cheers

its a bit like that,im pretty sure the majority of ppl on here cant stop at 1or even 2snakes.Cheers

haha yep thats it.
i found a newish pic of that enclosure anyways...sorry camera phone quality.
ta smit

and yes i do have light covers just not attached in that picture lol

Last edited:
this is my 2 1/2 year old male coastal named Valo
great snake never bitten, looking for a lady friend for him
here is his temp enclosure, nearly finished his new big one will post pics soon
but they are great snakes would definitely recommend.

Attachments

• boof 068.jpg
    boof 068.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 55
  • boof 003.jpg
    boof 003.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 80
hi

here is my coastals enclosure,alittly different now as it has gotten bigger so the hole for it hide is much bigger but you still get the idea.oh and there is also a water dish in there but just not in this pic

Attachments

• 2008はじまり~ 057.jpg
    2008はじまり~ 057.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 80
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back