Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sxc_celly

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Im starting to help set up a new exotic pet store soon, and I'm wanting some more information on the commercial reptiles able to be kept and sold in QLD. I have in my hot little hands, (LOL) the Commercial Wildlife Licensing Papers, which explains about the licensing, but I'm wanting to know the species we are able to keep and sell. On this report under pythons, it only has Childrens, Spotted and Stimsons, is this correct? Are these the only species of snakes we can commercially sell? For other reptiles under the commecial licensing ive got;

Pink tongue
Blue tongue
Cunninhams skink
Inland bearded dragon
Central netted dragon
Murray River turtle
Kreffts Turtle
Eastern Long neck turtle
Saw shell turtle
Thicktailed gecko
Rough knob tailed gecko (N. Asper)

Thats what this list says. For recreational wildlife, are we able to sell these commercially too? I know ive seen -

Black soil dragons (henri lawsoni)
Western bearded dragons
Shingleback lizards
Smooth knob tailed geckos (N.Levis Levis)

and more being sold in pet store commercially, but they are not on this list. Does anyone know any more information, or shoul di just contact the EPA direct? Thanks

Celeste

nope, i think thats all thats can be sold in qld.

Hi guys,

Im starting to help set up a new exotic pet store soon, and I'm wanting some more information on the commercial reptiles able to be kept and sold in QLD. I have in my hot little hands, (LOL) the Commercial Wildlife Licensing Papers, which explains about the licensing, but I'm wanting to know the species we are able to keep and sell. On this report under pythons, it only has Childrens, Spotted and Stimsons, is this correct?
thats correct pet stores can only sell those snakes in QLD

Last edited by a moderator:
Childrens Pythons
Spotted Pythons
Stimsons Pythons

Central Bearded Dragons
Central Netted Dragons
Pink Tongued Skink
Eastern Blue Tongued Skink
Cunningham Skinks

Thick Tailed gecko
Rough Knob Tailed Gecko (It's now N.amyae)
Smooth Knob Tailed Gecko

Eastern Long necked Turtle
Kreffts River Turtle
Murray River Turtle
Saw Shelled Turtle

That's the list ...

Okay, thanks for that. I nearly had it spot on. Theres a few placea round selling shinglebacks, and blacksoil dragons, and the western bearded dragon, what about these?

if there selling them they are illegally selling them, all 3 you listed above aren't on the list for petshops,

I might call the EPA now and have a look into it. There's one place selling 2 of them and another selling the other 1, both local. Ill call the EPA and ask if theyre on the list.

a lot of monnie needed to set up a shop the insurance is a killer, and the reptiles is not a lot on the list in queensland you can sell so you will need big buck,s in cash to stock up on every thing in reptile merchendise heaps of books every type of cage custom made reptile one , and so on plants hides rocks you name it you would have to have every thing to give a good choice to the customer and back up stock and also would have to be a online part of it too to help suport sale,s and staff wages lease on shop in a good area help people to get licence 150,000 k easy and a great knoleage of retali be a demon on a computor as in knowing al the programs also a import liceance to buy cheep over seas china. i thought about it and i don,t think the sales are in it yet because their are a lot of online stores all doing their own thing as in one area like book,s or cages, or cage furture, a online store for this type of hobby is the best way to go unless you went fully pet,s then you need even more cash , small buiness is hard these days but good luck i don,t want to pop your eusuiasm but have a good look and work out a plan then go get advice as i thught about it too this hobby seams too be a inter net one and thats where shops are heading these days cyber shops good luck if thats your dream and passion you are 40% there good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back