Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigFryMan

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just got my reptile licence and now trying to find myself a Childrens python hatchling to get started! Really excited, I love snakes, but have never had one as a pet. Planning to build my own enclosure from timber and glass. I've seen a few cheap thermostat/heat mats on ebay ( http://www.*********.au/itm/1607599...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1118wt_1164 ) Anybody tried any of these? Anyways, thanks for the forum, there is lots of good information here.

Cheers!

Welcome mate,

This is a great forum and we are glad to have you here. check out our marketplace as there is quite alot of hatchies about the place for sale at the moment. Also head over to out diy section and see some of the viv builds there.

sorry there is no ebay links here but you can upload a photo of the product if you like. :)

goodluck Toby

Pretty sure i have the same heatmat from that item. Has been working perfectly for over a year now :)
I have also heard from others that those thermostats are just as solid.

Heatmats and thermostats are really simple bits of kit.... but throw a picture of a reptile on it and it sells for 10x the price in stores haha

Welcome btw! Make sure you put some pics up when you get your lil worm :)

Welcome! Childrens pythons are a great starter snake! They are gorgeous, you won't regret owning one :D

Until it bites you hahaha just joking children's pythons are cool snakes hope you enjoy the forum

Thinking I might actually get a Stimpsons, I do like the look of them. There's a guy here selling Broome Stimpsons in the classifieds :) Any ideas on what sort of temperament they have?

Thinking I might actually get a Stimpsons, I do like the look of them. There's a guy here selling Broome Stimpsons in the classifieds :) Any ideas on what sort of temperament they have?

Down to the individual snake mate. You'll get placid ones and psycho ones out of any species. But generally they are ok.

That is exactly how I started about two months ago welcome to the forums and I think you will quickly find yourself wanting a second snake after a while.

Yesterday I took home my first snake!

Anteresia Maculosa - He seems like a great snake so far from what I can see! Handled really well, happy to slither all over my hands explore. Looked a bit scared by the time I got home, but hopefully a few days being left alone he should be a bit more settled. The breeder gave him one more feed before handing him (or her!) over. Was impressed by the size of the pinky he ate! He is called Mr. Fluffy. Really excited to have him, hoping he'll be happy enough by sunday to pick him up for a little bit, but i'll see how he's travelling.

View attachment 283661View attachment 283662View attachment 283663View attachment 283664

Whoa, that sucks! The pictures open in another window for me if I click on them :p
finger.jpg
Does this work?

Pics arent working mate :(

w home. Seems happy enough![/QUOTE]

Maybe this will work?

Attachments

• house.jpg
    house.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 149
  • pinky.jpg
    pinky.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 159
  • hand.jpg
    hand.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 153
  • finger.jpg
    finger.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Gorgeous spotted! My first snake, great starters and grow into gorgeous adults! Good luck with the little worm ;)

Cool little spotted they are awsome snakes great feeders handle good reminds me of my little one I bought home GL with him or her

Thanks guys! Looking forward to having another hold, but I'm having to resist for a few more days yet I think. If I open the lid to have a look, he still looks quite scared and stressed. Fair enough too I reckon, it was an hour drive to get him home.

Welcome ,Nice little spotted And good luck stopping at ONE :lol:
I like you determination to get a Childrens, no a Stimson's', NO you got a spotted :D

Hey guys,

How long is it likely to take for a 6 week old hatchling to settle? Had to move my little guy to clean out his cage over the weekend and he seems pretty scared. I'm going to not go anywhere near him till Thursday so hopefully he'll be settled enough for a feed. (He fed last Thursday when I picked him up) Hoping he is happy enough to go for a pinky, but we'll see! He's feisty at the moment though, I reckon he'd bite anything hahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back