Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that you had him home for a few days handle him as much as you can every day (except feeding day and a day after )
got make him feel comftable might take a few months but he will settle when you hold him alot of snakes still remain cage defensive mine still slide away sum times bout 10 15 mins a day for a hatchling then work up to 30 mins after a while if he starts to act skittish put him back in his home
good luck

My little spotted is still VERY shy, hiding under the paper towel on the bottom of his enclosure for days. Hoping he'll be up for a feed by thursday. Wondering if the best thing to do is dump pinky in there and walk away for an hour, hoping he'll take it when left alone. I might try waving it in front of him first, see how it goes.

freaked out little snake

Now that you had him home for a few days handle him as much as you can every day (except feeding day and a day after )
got make him feel comftable might take a few months but he will settle when you hold him alot of snakes still remain cage defensive mine still slide away sum times bout 10 15 mins a day for a hatchling then work up to 30 mins after a while if he starts to act skittish put him back in his home
good luck

Oh really?

This is handy to know Keysman, I read quite a few people saying leave them alone until they look happy enough to go near. When he was at the breeder's house, he willingly came out of his cage and slithered up onto my hand. Now if I open the lid he recoils back and tries to hide. I guess he's probably still settling. Maybe he does just need to get used to me. Looking forward to him being a little bit more amicable hahaha.

Maybe give him a week to settle in
when was he last feed?
id just hold it in front of Him when it is feeding day
do you have some small feeding tweezers

Need help!!

Hi , im from Telowie SA ,,am a newbie, at the moment have no idea how to ask for help or post a thread LOL... i have incubated 21 coastals hatched 16th Jan and 6 childrens hatched 2nd march . the parents are my sons , i have to do the motherly thing and incubate for him . I absolutely love it , going to keep a childrens for myself im thinking and maybe a coastal . Having troubles with coastals , none of them are feeding tried heaps of things i have read but no one seems hungry .. HELP !!

View attachment 284258 The little one is much happier tonight, cruising round and happy on my hands. Offered him a pinky, but he's not due till Thursday and he only had a sniff. Will try again maybe Friday or Saturday.

Great that he is happy sounds like he settles good
did he strike at you when you got him out ? I would just wait til Thursday to feed him
once a week same day (ish)

Great that he is happy ������sounds like he settles good
did he strike at you when you got him out ? I would just wait til Thursday to feed him
once a week same day (ish)

Nah, didn't try and strike, just recoiled a bit and generally looked a bit scared haha. Once he was out of the enclosure and cruising around my fingers he was fine :) It's really encouraging to see him happier! Yeah I might even wait until the weekend for his next feed, get him really hungry. The pinky he ate last Thursday was ENOURMOUS!

nice snake mate! They are so cute when they are that small. Just keep handling him gently and he will be a fantastic first snake. I have a spotted myself and I love her.

My little guy finally had his first feed in his new home!
On his 10th day since feeding when I picked him up.

The trick was to brain the pinky, then Mr Fluffy was keen.

View attachment 284702View attachment 284703

The pinky he ate at the breeders was slightly bigger, but there's still a decent lump in his belly.

Really stoked he's eating now, let's hope it's always this easy :)

photo (8).jpg
photo (9).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back