Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We can import Australian reptiles all day long from breeders all over the world. Reptiles have been smuggled out of Australia for the private reptile trade for the last fifty years or more. One of the old curators from the Australian Reptile Park used to ship reptiles illegally to the United States for reptiles that he wanted. Zoos are a lot more corrupt than you think. Curators would breed something that they got under strict circumstances from Australia for example and record it as fewer than what they produced and sell the rest as if they never existed. Anything related to captive reptiles has something to do with money and there is some element of greed behind making money and having the only one of a certain species. They're reptiles for crying out loud. It's not like we're dealing with endangered tigers. Speaking of which, there are more tigers in the United States because we have the freedom to breed them. Habitat loss is the real reason why animals become extinct. How could an animal become endangered or extinct because they are being re-created in captivity? That makes no sense. I'm not a name dropper so I am not going to mention any names as far as Americans importing reptiles from Australia. All I can say is that it took him two years to get his permits and that he keeps mainly Australian elapids. You might be mad because you don't know everything, but get over it.

The general rule 2 - intolerance of other user has been violated several times in this thread. I am not telling the mods what to do, I've just been observant.

But can you import reptiles from breeders in Australia? Isn't that the reason this thread started?

I think the answer is plain and simply 'no'.

End of story.

The words of Bob Irwin.
"The Australian government and Queensland government are pathetic. And that's about the nicest thing I can say".
"Our government doesn't understand the natural world".
"We destroy thousands of kangaroos every year".
"...burry wombats alive".
"...starve the frasier island dingos".
"...destroy dugongs and turtles in a very cruel manner".
"These practices are condoned by the government".
"We've lost our national pride".
"I'm very disappointed in the destruction of our animals".
"We have organized extinctions of koalas in some states".
"...cut the heads off of joey kangaroos".
"When turtles are killed, they are put on their backs, put in the direct sun, flippers cut off while turtle is still alive. This goes on until it dies".
"The authorities have been informed about the black market trade in turtle meat and have done nothing about this".
If you don't believe me, listen to it yourself. URBANJUNGLESRADIO.COM
And you call yourselves the leader in wildlife conservation throughout the world? Give me a (bleep-ing) break! You ought to be ashmed of yourselves, trying to come on here and bash an American who actually appreciates your wildlife enough to want to re-create those very species in captivity. I'm not on here wanting to kill Australian wildlife and eliminate them for good. Immitation is the purest form of flattery. If all of us on here had a meeting with Bob Irwin, who is one of Australia's best conservationists, I would bet money that he would agree that habitat destruction is a hell of a lot more threatening than collecting wildlife because he has collected reptiles himself. For example, common brown snakes.

We can import Australian reptiles all day long from breeders all over the world. Reptiles have been smuggled out of Australia for the private reptile trade for the last fifty years or more. One of the old curators from the Australian Reptile Park used to ship reptiles illegally to the United States for reptiles that he wanted. Zoos are a lot more corrupt than you think. Curators would breed something that they got under strict circumstances from Australia for example and record it as fewer than what they produced and sell the rest as if they never existed. Anything related to captive reptiles has something to do with money and there is some element of greed behind making money and having the only one of a certain species. They're reptiles for crying out loud. It's not like we're dealing with endangered tigers. Speaking of which, there are more tigers in the United States because we have the freedom to breed them. Habitat loss is the real reason why animals become extinct. How could an animal become endangered or extinct because they are being re-created in captivity? That makes no sense. I'm not a name dropper so I am not going to mention any names as far as Americans importing reptiles from Australia. All I can say is that it took him two years to get his permits and that he keeps mainly Australian elapids. You might be mad because you don't know everything, but get over it.

If that was the case.... alright let's say WE BELIEVE YOU... here's a plain simple solution GET THEM FROM HIM... The fact that you haven't gotten them from him or a "corrupt" zoo but instead carrying on on the forum means you can't. AGAIN.... GET THE REPTILES YOU WANT FROM HIM IF HE HAS THEM... simple is it really that hard to understand? If you have access to them why are you asking us to export them???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back