Contraceptive pill to blame for male infertility

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are people who think that?
Then again I've met people who think that Protestantism isn't related to Judaism.

As strange as it might seem, most Catholics don't know it. Virtually all Catholics consider themselves to be Christians. Obviously very very few have read the bible or have any real knowledge of their religion. It's the same with Christians too; very few have read the bible, which supposedly they base their lives upon. I've read Cogger cover to cover countless times!

jeeez everyone so worked up about the vatican... i consider myself catholic- i go to a catholic school and do what all catholic school girls do (wink wink). I try to take everything seriously but realistically you just cant keep up with the BS of every religion under the sun. All i do is look at the message (love thy neighbour) *yep sounds good enough to me* alright i'm set for something to look to when i desperatley need it, and when you desperatley need religion you are willing to have faith, so why not in a message of love and goodwill? Who cares about the old guys in the funny white outfits? Anyway thats my 2cents worth

jeeez everyone so worked up about the vatican... i consider myself catholic- i go to a catholic school and do what all catholic school girls do (wink wink). I try to take everything seriously but realistically you just cant keep up with the BS of every religion under the sun. All i do is look at the message (love thy neighbour) *yep sounds good enough to me* alright i'm set for something to look to when i desperatley need it, and when you desperatley need religion you are willing to have faith, so why not in a message of love and goodwill? Who cares about the old guys in the funny white outfits? Anyway thats my 2cents worth

The old guys in funny white outfits have massive political power and cause untold grief around the world. It might suit you, but other people are suffering terribly.

The old guys in funny white outfits have massive political power and cause untold grief around the world. It might suit you, but other people are suffering terribly.

When you say suffering terribly are you implying that the aid they give around the world is detrimental to the wellbeing of those involved? Sure they dont like condoms *so what its their choice, Catholic and Protestant churches have been running AIDS programs since the 1980s... how is that a bad thing?

When you say suffering terribly are you implying that the aid they give around the world is detrimental to the wellbeing of those involved? Sure they dont like condoms *so what its their choice, Catholic and Protestant churches have been running AIDS programs since the 1980s... how is that a bad thing?

They do a bit of good and a lot of bad. If you focus on the good it's going to look good. Religion is a touchy subject and heels are always firmly and dug in absolutely will not move. You can't argue with complete avoidance of rational thought, er, I mean faith, especially when it's coupled with unbridled bias, so I'm not going to try :) If you have any further questions or comments I'll leave them for someone else to address :) Have fun! :D

Re: the Pope need to get OUT more.... I rather think he needs to get IN more lol..... sorry 1am and I am getting a little more loopy than usual.

Note about the Pill ---- I took it religiously ( pardon the pun) for 3 years and fell pregnant, and had a perfectly normal child.

To any Catholics I've offended, please, read the bible. No, seriously, actually read the thing. Catholocism isn't actually based on Christianity (don't get me wrong, I'm an athiest/agnostic! Don't shoot! ;) )

I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses, so I've probably spent more time looking into the Bible than average Joe. I actually find it quite amazing how much of modern religion is not based on the Bible. Really, much of it is opposite to what the Bible says!

The Bible speaks against abortive contraception (Ex 21:22,23), however nowhere does it say preventative forms are not allowed.

I could go on and on, but you guys don't wanna be preached to, do ya? ;)

Contraceptive Pill to blame for almost choking...

I took my pill last night and as I pressed it out of its packaging I must have pressed out the little foil backing circle too and just swallowed them both down. I gagged and spat the pill out but the foil must have got lodged. It has been stuck in my throat all night and feels awful!!! I'm sure the Pope would be happy!

I took my pill last night and as I pressed it out of its packaging I must have pressed out the little foil backing circle too and just swallowed them both down. I gagged and spat the pill out but the foil must have got lodged. It has been stuck in my throat all night and feels awful!!! I'm sure the Pope would be happy!

ITS A SIGN FROM GOD! REPENT YOUR SINS!!!!!

rofl.

You sound like one of the awesome Christians, the moderate ones. That don't take the bible literally and recognized that it was written on the science and social values of the day. It's the hardline Christians (or anything for that matter) that are out of touch that still believe that the world was created in 7 days and the world is 7000 years old. My brother is a hardcore believer in creation, jeebus it gives me the irrates.

Religion has changed and developed over time in the past so i don't see why they shouldn't now on issues such as these. A good example of this is that it used to be a sin to be cremated, i think that changed during the bubonic plague. So to keep this post on topic the Vatican needs to change with social necessities on issues such as contraception.

lmao -

Contraceptive Pill to blame for making me overwieght and depressed with no libido ...

I went on a date with a Seventh Day Adventist guy once... He actually thought that the world was created in 7 days!!! lol. He thought carbon dating was a scam and the theory of evolution was a fariy tale! And guess what everybody.... he was a science teacher! lol.

They do a bit of good and a lot of bad. If you focus on the good it's going to look good. Religion is a touchy subject and heels are always firmly and dug in absolutely will not move. You can't argue with complete avoidance of rational thought, er, I mean faith, especially when it's coupled with unbridled bias, so I'm not going to try :) If you have any further questions or comments I'll leave them for someone else to address :) Have fun! :D

:)lol fair enough... but the thing is i dont believe in every single thing that is put before me... i just need examples of what the vatican has done which has been so bad for the world (no i don't mean in the olden days where the church was obviously corrupt) but give me some modern examples.. thats all i ask

:)lol fair enough... but the thing is i dont believe in every single thing that is put before me... i just need examples of what the vatican has done which has been so bad for the world (no i don't mean in the olden days where the church was obviously corrupt) but give me some modern examples.. thats all i ask

Believe it or not, being anti-contraception is a bad thing.
Propagating anti-homosexual and sexist ideology is also a bad thing.
Propagating shame culture= also very bad.
Annnd being anti-independent thought is, believe it or not, actually a very bad thing.

This is actually funny.

The pill has been proven to have many side effects and is not good for the body.

Im not interested in what the vatican believes and i dont know why any of you are.

But the pill is known to have many negative health impacts.

'Minor' side effects - headaches, nausea, breast tenderness, slight weight gain, slight ‘spotting’ of blood between the periods.
Major side effects/health risks: Blood clots or DVT, stroke, heart attack and some cancers (breast, cervical, liver).

Now i know your all going to say hey there is research out there that shows its safe and i accept that there is different research pointing different ways.

I guess it comes down to do to real issues

1. Do you trust the government saying the pill is safe ? I DONT.
2 Is it natural? No therefor it cant be healthy for you.

Lets not forget back in the 50s and 60s Thalidomide was marketed as safe. Research now proves this wrong. Not to mention the thousands of kids who were born deformed.

The way i see it if you want to take it go ahead i would never take and never have.

However if you end up with cancer then i guess thats what you get for being ignorant.

Now lets watch the personal attacks come flying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back