Cooling outside

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saxon

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if it would be ok to cool my centralian pair in an outdoor enclosure over winter. I live in Newcastle.
& also can they be cooled together?

Cheers.
Saxon

No.However, it is my first try at breeding.

I have bred coastals that were kept together all year round. In an outdoor enclosure keeping them together all year round is the norm. The weather conditions in Newcastle are more mild in both heat extremes and cold extremes than where Bredli are found in the wild, so i would say it is fine. Just take the normal precautions of making sure they have areas to bask, and well insulated areas to hide, so they can thermoregulate at their descresion.
Personally I would do it..... but what do you meen cool them outside over winter?? are you going to bring them back in again for bringing the temps back up?? The benifite of keeping snakes outside is the natural temp changes and daylight changes which in alot of cases makes breeding easy. If you keep them outside for good, breeding should just happen with no imput from you.

Thanks heaps Ill let you know how they go.

Saxon

craig23 said:
I have bred coastals that were kept together all year round. In an outdoor enclosure keeping them together all year round is the norm. The weather conditions in Newcastle are more mild in both heat extremes and cold extremes than where Bredli are found in the wild, so i would say it is fine. Just take the normal precautions of making sure they have areas to bask, and well insulated areas to hide, so they can thermoregulate at their descresion.
Personally I would do it..... but what do you meen cool them outside over winter?? are you going to bring them back in again for bringing the temps back up?? The benifite of keeping snakes outside is the natural temp changes and daylight changes which in alot of cases makes breeding easy. If you keep them outside for good, breeding should just happen with no imput from you.

One thing I would advise though, is if you are going to be keeping them and breeding them outside, start off by keeping them outside in the warmer month's and let them acclimatise slowly, I would not myself be putting them outside now(In winter) if they have been used to living inside for most of their lives.

Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back