Costs of snake food in petshops

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i only resorted to the petshop as i needed it quite urgently and pythoness had posted earlier about not having any at the time, now she has loads so i think ill be seeing her later in the week :D

i tried breeding rodents myself but just couldnt go through with killing the poor things, im such a sook

Why did you buy it and support their ridiculous prices?

ETA: I know you said you needed it quite urgently but I can't think of any reason why you would need to....

Because, Tatelina, things aren't always black and white my dear. I had no other choice at the time due to my personal circumstances. I was under the impression Pythoness would not have any cull chicks available until after a time when i could no longer purchase them from her for a period of time. Either $7 at the time (and telling them i would never be purchasing from their stocks again) and giving the snake a feed, or no more food for another 3 weeks after him having stopped eating for several weeks prior. Did what i thought was best at the time, but grr to them and their prices, and thank goodness for Barry and Pythoness!! Had i known Pythoness would have had stocks available again so soon (yes, yes, i should have called to ask...) i would not have bought it, alas, things don't always go our way. All this talk of food is making me peckish :D

I just finished lunch.. :) :p

And yes pet shop prices are ridiculous. Thanks to a survey assignment, I've calculated that 80% of people who buy from pet shops are not happy about the price.

I went to a Local petshop the other day and happen to walk past the freezer.
I Jumbo rat for $19.90!, . what the?
gee wouldnt you be peeved if you only had say 1 snake and it wasnt interested in eating that day,. grrrr
I could never go back to buying food,. prefer to breed my own,.

me and my girlfriend was paying $5.95 for one mouse...when i was a kid i was paying $1 for a pet one...thank god we found a breeder in our town now we get them for $1.75 for a live one

At the pet shop it is $22.50 for a pack of 7 pinkie mice

Last edited:
i try and shop around, 3 different stores for pinkie mice are 95 cents, $1.40 and $2.50. so you know where i buy them however the hopper rats i get at the 2nd store because they are $1.00 cheaper than the other one with the cheap pinkies, go figure, no consistency, as i build on my collection i think i will start to breed them

I've calculated that 80% of people who buy from pet shops are not happy about the price.

Lol
Pet shops can't be doing too bad a job then.... I reckon 100% of people who buy petrol, milk, bread or cigarettes complain about the price, same with about 100% of people who see a doctor, a dentist or a lawyer, and don't get me started about builders and electricians.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back