Culling question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But Wokka, you cull on a larger scale correct? CO2 administered on a commercial scale is definitely the better option, I agree 100%...but the thread is about Vinegar and Baking Soda on a small hobbyist scale...lol
I was replying to the suggestion that animals be stuffed in an airtight container until they suffercate which results in a drawn out death. Commercially or as a hobbyist,we still have an ethical responsibilty to minimise suffering and cosider the welfare of the animal,even if it does cost a couple of cents more. Baking soda and vinegar is an inexact method and so works fine sometimes and not other times depending upon the purity of the baking soda or the vinegar used. CO2 is CO2 and so gives consistent results.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want advice, thankyou
yeah I could see that happening, I would test it out before attempting it, what i need to know is how much Id have to mix to produce an adequate amount so I can experiment with the setup before attempting a cull.
The amount of rodents I will be doing does not justify the cost of gas bottle rental or buying a Soda Stream YET
Hey Mate..
You obviously know your stuff as acknowledged on other threads.But how can you experiment without having detrimental effects and advised against doing this from people that are trying to tell you its NOt the approved method?
Sorry mate, that's ignorance plain and simple..do your research and supply your name and address and see how NPWS or whoever is the Governing Body where you live view this thread....

Hey Mate..
You obviously know your stuff as acknowledged on other threads.But how can you experiment without having detrimental effects and advised against doing this from people that are trying to tell you its NOt the approved method?
Sorry mate, that's ignorance plain and simple..do your research and supply your name and address and see how NPWS or whoever is the Governing Body where you live view this thread....
"I am happy to break their neck or donk them, I just thought that this way would be more humane for them, I thought if done correctly it was an accepted way to cull, which is why i started the thread, sorry for the misunderstanding"
Why did you cut out that part, tell whoever you want, nothing wrong with me researching ways to humanly cull, if was going to do it all gun hoe and I would have just got out to bi carb and vinegar, the reason I started this thread was so I didnt put any mice through experimentation when I can get the results from others that have tried it.
Not once have I stated I would use it until I was sure I could do it correctly

as I said there is alot of room for error if you are inexperienced

not everything runs as smooth as it does in a text book Scott, you should know that if you are the hunter you claim to be!

in the case of the chicken I decribed, if it was dislocated it would have died! but it didnt due to the inexperience of the person carrying out the practise and I had to cull the poor thing!
the reason the person wasnt interested in using a knife to dispatch the thing was because they didnt want to get any blood on them :rolleyes:[/QUOTEI

If you want an educated debate, don't be condescending and question my skill as a Hunter..OR insult my intelligence please! PMSL YOU don't know me and I object to that!
At your age you MUST know it ALL, i'm sure!!
I am giving you my own experience if you disagree , no probs! Dislocation IS TOTALLY different to DECAPITATION get it? Unbelievable! Maybe I can show you the difference one day?

Have Fun prating your knowledge on the world.....

Thanks for everyone's advice, I will just do the swing and donk as its seems to be the way to go for small culls

Cheers Gex

"I am happy to break their neck or donk them, I just thought that this way would be more humane for them, I thought if done correctly it was an accepted way to cull, which is why i started the thread, sorry for the misunderstanding"
Why did you cut out that part, tell whoever you want, nothing wrong with me researching ways to humanly cull, if was going to do it all gun hoe and I would have just got out to bi carb and vinegar, the reason I started this thread was so I didnt put any mice through experimentation when I can get the results from others that have tried it.
Not once have I stated I would use it until I was sure I could do it correctly
BUT you are NOT hearing the response to the questions you have asked.... IT IS NOT AN effective NOR humane way to cull your food items.
How many ways do you need to be told
Cheers mate...

Ah the old your young so you must be dumb....love it!

Scott, it is clear that all you want to do is argue, please do it elsewhere
Ps the chat room is a good place to let off some steam
No I don't want to argue I am perplexed and frustrated by the ignorance you kids display, because you have a image or idea in your minds that YOU think what is right and you don't want to hear any advice that may be different to what you think is correct.,..Pity you Mate! You will come around with maturity!
Oh BTW Mattsnake, if your response is directed to me...just because you post alot doesn't make you experienced...LMAO and for your info I'm t that old in my late 30's champ. Do some research on me buddy PM your details we can have a chat!!!!

Last edited:
the bucket isnt that bad, the more you have in there the quicker it is, i used to get them gassed, and i think this is just as quick this way as long as its full.

Still a kid Buddy! IF you think at 24 you know everything...you have a tough journey ahead!
I dont think I know everything, if I did I wouldnt have started this thread
What is your problem?
I have listened to everyone's responses and as I said before I have made my decision on a culling method, so what is your issue?

Cranky tonight aren't we? I'd like to know where in my comment that I imply that I'm experienced? Also that was not aimed at your age but your comment about Farma's lack of intelligence purely because he is 'young' ...also by calling the responders in this thread 'kids' you are pretty much stating that because you are older you are therefore better than them in everyway, how do you know that they are kids?

Sorry for the hi-jack Geckoman.

If you want an educated debate, don't be condescending and question my skill as a Hunter..OR insult my intelligence please! PMSL YOU don't know me and I object to that!
At your age you MUST know it ALL, i'm sure!!
I am giving you my own experience if you disagree , no probs! Dislocation IS TOTALLY different to DECAPITATION get it? Unbelievable! Maybe I can show you the difference one day?

Have Fun prating your knowledge on the world.....[/QUOTE]

Thank you Scott I will have fun :D

But to clear things up the only skill I question of yours is if you can read?

I agreed that your method can work well if practiced and done by an experienced person but I know from personal experience that there is ALOT of room for error with this method! (the chicken story was an example of experience not just something I researched once) and im not sure where you think im confused with decapatation and dislocation so if you wanted to point that out to me feel free!
but if a small amount of blood is too much for a big bad hunter like yourself and you prefer to use a cleaner method such as the one explained in very simple terms to all the people reading this is fine! I just dont feel anyone reading this should think this reasearch is enough to go and attempt to try it!

and just for the record I knew everything when I was 16 mate ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back