• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

D-Link DSL-504T ADSL Router

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ex1dic

Reaction score
Have for sale a D-Link DSL-504T ADSL Router, no need for it.. Is brand new and still in plastic
MAKE AN OFFER :)

Below information from dlink australia website; http://www.dlink.com.au/Products.aspx?Sec=1&Sub1=1&Sub2=2&PID=49

Product Features

* DSL-2: up to 12Mbps down*
* DSL-2+: up to 24Mbps down*
* Combination Router and ADSL Modem Solution
* Share your Internet connection with up to Four computers
* Telstra Approved
* Up to 150x Faster Than Dial-up Modems
* Protect Your Network with Integrated Firewall Features
* Supports all major ISP'S
* 3 Years Warranty

Product Description
D-Link, an industry leader in networking, introduces the DSL-504T, an ADSL router modem combining both an ADSL modem and a network router in one unit, bringing high-speed Internet connectivity to a home or office.

The DSL-504T uses ADSL (Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line) technology for Internet connection speeds of up to 150x faster than dial-up, while using a standard phone line. With broadband, experience faster Web surfing or quicker downloads.

With a built-in 4-port switch, up to four network-ready computers or devices can simultaneously be connected to the DSL-504T for access to the Internet.

The router functionality on the DSL-504T ADSL Router Modem includes support for VPN pass-through of multiple concurrent IPSec and PPTP tunnels, making it especially useful for telecommuters or users who need a more secure way to communicate and transmit information.

A simple configuration tool and a Web-based user interface allow you to easily modify settings to connect to your Internet Service Provider (ISP). This Web interface also provides traffic statistics, connection speed, and other detailed information.

The DSL-504T ADSL Router Modem supports static IP, Dynamic IP, as well as PPPoE connections, and works with applications such as online gaming and VPN connections. The DSL-504T is easily upgradeable, making it future-proof for both end-users and service providers.

Whether it’s for a home user who wants to share high-speed Internet access or for a small office that needs Internet access for conducting essential business activities, the DSL-504T ADSL Router Modem is the ideal all-in-one broadband and Network solution.

Cheers
Ryan.

hey Ryan,

Currently have a dlink dsl-502T, have been wanting to set up both my bros and mine computer to both share the broadband at the same time. If i got this router off u, would this be all i needed to get bb access on both desktops or would i require additional cables, etc. His computer is in his room and mine's in mine, and our rooms are right next to each others, though might need some type of extension??
Also would u know if the current router i have (doesnt have 4 ports) would be able to connect the two computers to broadband, or just the one?

Thanks.
Cheers,

Thalia.

thalia,
you might be able to connect the 2 computers using the 502T by running the modem to your computer using the USB cable not the ethernet cable and then running a crossover cable from your comp to the other computer..... however i would reccomend the 4 port modem router.... or buy a switch off ebay (usually about $40 - $50 for a decent one) and it will do exacty the same as the 4 port adsl router and you can use your existing modem....

hope that makes sense to you

Matt

thalia,
you might be able to connect the 2 computers using the 502T by running the modem to your computer using the USB cable not the ethernet cable and then running a crossover cable from your comp to the other computer..... however i would reccomend the 4 port modem router.... or buy a switch off ebay (usually about $40 - $50 for a decent one) and it will do exacty the same as the 4 port adsl router and you can use your existing modem....

hope that makes sense to you

Matt

The only problem with that though, if you are going to use the USB cable method is that one computer must be on for the Internet Connection Sharing. The switch solution would still need Cat cabling to the other PC. At least this would make each PC independant, that is, each one could be on the Internet indepenant of the other PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back