Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

norwich

Reaction score
hey guys just wondering how the lucky ones went with the ballot i drove 7 hours return to botany bay national park from newcastle today to pick up pink tongue skink at 3pm arrived on time was presented a baby pink tongue about 50 mm long 5mm wide eyes closed dehydrated near dead was told hes not well raced back to thornleigh to pick wife up and head home on checking him at thornleigh when i arrived he had died ive never been more upset i think ever not for my time but for the poor rep couldnt pick him up friday had to weight till monday i wonder about the people who organise these ballots etc i really do i will be going furthur with this and specking to the apropriate poeple as i can not under stand why the animal was given to me in that state .

Sorry to hear about your loss. Just think these are the people who may soon be able to legally prosecute us because they know how to look after our herps better than us

you would think if they really cared about the animals they would get them ALL vet checked before handing them out to any random with a license expecting them to do it

This is really upsetting. Sounds like he may of just been left without any water- truly horrible.

This is really upsetting. Sounds like he may of just been left without any water- truly horrible.
He would have been fine without food/water if he was healthy, obviously he wasnt, which is why I think it was negligent on their part not to take it to a vet

I got a diamond awhile back in a ballot it's all good now, but it wasn't looked after too well whilst they had it. I don't think they use any form of heat source. When I got mine it was absolutely freezing, it hadn't shed properly as it didn't have any humidity. I think they just keep them in bags whilst they have them. I don't know how long they have them before they give them away.

When i went and collected a BHP from a ballot last year the staff wanted me to get it out of the bag and show them cause no one in the building had seen it.
Only way they knew what was what was the labels on the bags.
So i assume they arrive from carers in bags already labeled and the staff just sort them out that way as none of the people at the coffs national parks office seemed comfortable around reptiles.
So your poor lizard was probably in its bag since friday.

When i went and collected a BHP from a ballot last year the staff wanted me to get it out of the bag and show them cause no one in the building had seen it.
So i assume they arrive from carers in bags already labeled and the staff just sort them out that way as none of the people at the coffs national parks office seemed comfortable around reptiles.
Wow that's ridiculous

I have collected 2 herps from a ballot and am happy with both. 1 JUNGLE IS A BITCH & THE OTHER HAS A TEMPER...

My point is... it cost you fuel and a drive... take the punt or not? it wasn't the decc's role to include you!

So your poor lizard was probably in its bag since friday.

When I collected from Coffs The gentlemen and 1 lady were more then obliging...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have collected 2 herps from a ballot and am happy with both. 1 JUNGLE IS A BITCH & THE OTHER HAS A TEMPER...

My point is... it cost you fuel and a drive... take the punt or not? it wasn't the decc's role to include you!

When I collected from Coffs The gentlemen and 1 lady were more then obliging...

Yeah they were nice folks etc just saying that they only knew what was in the bag because of the label and when they asked me to get it out of the bag they stood at other end of room so obviously not reptile people lol.

Sorry to hear that norwich.

I picked my Diamond up from Botany this afternoon as well. thankfully he seemed OK. They happily got him out of the bag to put in my pillow case. Off to the vet tomorrow to get the little fella checked out. hopefully it will be OK until then. Looks like it had been fed recently as it has a small bulge in it's stomach. To me it actually looks like it might be a cross as it is much lighter than my other Diamond was at that age. hopefully the vet can tell me.

Got phone call today from botany bay explaining everything as tohow these things can happen un fortunate for the animal but helped to understand how these things happened the fire on friday in the park prevented me picking it up sooner as would certantley given the animal a better chance at life still disapointing for me but at 45 yrs of age one of many so life goes on thanks to the officer at the park for ringing and explaining cheers mick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back