Demansia Flagellatio..(Whipsnake)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pythons73

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
What a magnificent coloured Whipsnake these are..Has anyone known anyone that has bred these..Anyone breeding them in the near future...

Attachments

• 101_0614.jpg
    101_0614.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 249
  • 101_0616.jpg
    101_0616.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 192
Unfortunately they aren't all coloured that way. The majority of pictures i've seen and preserved animals of them are a brown and yellow colour.

Still a tidy little snake.

They truely are a beautiful snake i was fortunate enough to see one that was brightly coloured unlike most others i have seen in pictures. It was found across the road from the abacus motel in mt isa on the barkly hwy definitly one of the prettier snakes of aus

The nice ones are the prettiest elapid in Australia IMO. But the only other pictures i've seen the snake is mostly brown with a coloured tail.

Im just wondering if anyone breeds them at all..So Gordo the speciemens you have seen,have any been that bright coloured or just a brown and yellow..I would of thought with any species,some will be a nice bright colour while others just a duller colour..Either way they are a truely colourful species..Wish they were all like these..

Im just wondering if anyone breeds them at all..So Gordo the speciemens you have seen,have any been that bright coloured or just a brown and yellow..I would of thought with any species,some will be a nice bright colour while others just a duller colour..Either way they are a truely colourful species..Wish they were all like these..

I've only seen them that blue in that one photo, same pic as in Wilson and Swan's 2nd edition feild guide. It's been a while since i read it but i don't remember the paper re-describing the Demansia genus having any blue animals pictured.

Does anyone know if they look blue in that photo because of the iridescance, or if that animal is actually blue?

I've only seen them that blue in that one photo, same pic as in Wilson and Swan's 2nd edition feild guide. It's been a while since i read it but i don't remember the paper re-describing the Demansia genus having any blue animals pictured.
It was only desrcribed in late 2007,Its generally olive brown,reddish brown to blue body becomes dull to bright yellow tail,while its head is banded black-white..Thats where i got the info-picture Gordo..I find these to be a stunning snake and would love to acquire a pair in the future..If only i no who has any..

It was only desrcribed in late 2007,Its generally olive brown,reddish brown to blue body becomes dull to bright yellow tail,while its head is banded black-white..Thats where i got the info-picture Gordo..I find these to be a stunning snake and would love to acquire a pair in the future..If only i no who has any..

To find it in the second edition feild guide you need to look after the sea snakes. It's there along with other recently described species.

I was told by someone who knows the photographer very well, that this paticular pic in regrds to colour was severely manipulated and never did look like that. Maybe it is why in the picture, bits of material in the back and foreground have similar coloration.

i can definitly say that they can be found with the blue colouration however it wasnt as fluro in the pic but its pretty close!

I wouldnt think any snakes here in Aus (except) hatchie Chondros would be so bright.So Dave if its possible could you (please) russle up any photos of this species if you have any,or no anyone that would have any..Thats a very interesting obsevation Nathan,have you found any,if so from a scale from 1-10 10 being the highest,what colour blue would you say they are...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back