Diamond color range

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuscus, Katandra reserve is home to beautiful yellow/lime green diamonds. Tri coloured diamonds can be seen in and around the Ourimbah state forest. Lake Munmorah and north have pretty average looking diamonds which have intergrade appearance. Black and whites, what Greebo said.

Also, aren't the Ourimbah ones alot darker? In most of the "Gosford Diamond" pics I've seen the animal's been lacking in yellow or any bright colour for that matter.

i don't think that there are particular diamond colours associated with areas as i live in the Blue Mountains and i have found white, black and yellow diamonds all in relatively the same area. however it is said that the colour of diamonds generally relates to the areas climate e.g. cooler climate=darker colours, warmer climate=brighter colours. perhaps i have just found snakes that were at different stages of their shed cycles? who knows....i don't think many do.

I am always amazed why people feel Yellow Diamonds only come from the Gosford region and White Diamonds from the Wollongong areas.

I have seen bright yellow Diamonds in nearly every region they are found. Matter of fact, one of the prettiest I have ever seen came from Eden in the south coast.

White Diamonds are also found in all regions, including Gosford , as are the all black(slug monsters as I call them) .

I my opinion the Gosford area has more Yellow Diamonds then most areas, but just as nice ones can be found in any other area, just not as many.

Bob

hmmm,
the only diamonds I have seen are on jewelry, and they were just the normal clear sparkly ones, You guys find em out in the bush!!! you must be rich

I reckon a diamond is a diamond so I don't think there is anything wrong with breeding white and yellow diamond pythons.
I would be interested to hear Bob's thoughts.

As I have seen Yellow, White and Black Slugmonsters all come from the same clutch, I can not foresee a problem with breeding the two.

If you breed 2 very nice Yellows together, you improve your chances of getting nice young. But not allways. The same goes for putting 2 White ones together. Your chances are better for breeding nice Whites but again , not allways.

Its all trial and miss.

Bob

In my experience, food has something to do with this. I have fed my diamonds predominantly on chickens for the last five years and all have become very high yellow. Previously they were all white to cream.

does anyone know where i can get the green and blacks from at all......saw one and fell in love with them.............

Anybody got any pics of these green and golds?? I haven't even seen one but me thinks me wants one!!

well mine is going kinda green...but its a lime greeny yellow colour...never actually seen a pic of a green diamond so i dont know if thats the kind of green u mean!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back